ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Discusting farm clio

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I've just bought this. It's got a sunroof leak, puddle in every foot well, mould and been owned by someone on a farm. It stinks and I got aids from it earlier.

Plan to take out the interior, pressure wash the carpets.

What would you recommend for everything else? I have absolutely no spare time so want to use whatever is going to get this done the quickest and cheapest as I'm giving it to my sister.

283EC2D5-7B51-45AF-9BBA-266E66985ACC_zpsyygzoet5.jpg

My goodness. I'm absolutely speechless.

Start with a hoover. Bucket and (Damp) sponge/cloth for the dashboard etc.

I'd see where you are with that. If friends or family have a carpet cleaner I'd be temped to rip it out and go to town on it, same with the seats.

:rolleyes:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
deadmau5 pig I think, they left their ear tags in the door

It's even worse in the flesh

FEA5FDE4-B274-4024-B2AA-8EFF96EEE2E7_zps0ajgaswy.jpg

Any thoughts on using a vegetable brush for the textured material?

I'm defo going to have to take the seats out. I'll get some more pics tomorrow morning when it's back here.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I paid £300 for it which I'll probably get slated for but mechanically it's sound. Runs well, good tyres and brakes, very very local and a DCI. Petrol wasn't an option because of tax costs.

I'm going to try and save the carpet as all in I want to be less than £450. Going to do the cambelt, change all fluids and filters and seal the sunroof up.

Take it to Daniel - the He-Man of cleaning.

Failing that, grab some all purpose cleaner for the plastics, soft brush, scrub, wipe off with damp MF.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Christ in a bucket!!!
It makes the dog kennel look factory fresh.

(Just realised i'm in the detailing section, that's twice in one lifetime.....I don't like it)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Acting on the advice. I've bought a litre of valet pro apc as it was cheap.

Will rip the rest out and see what I can do with it for an hour or so a night in the next week.

Saw this on ebay but that interior is awful! I'd seriously consider just ripping all of it out and driving it stripped out?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Only went up last night and was in the budget so was a no brainer.

Not sure if my sister would approve of driving a stripped out Clio! None the less it will be so it can dry out for a while :p

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you want to clean it properly, you will run out of time before you die of old age.

Best thing you can do there is remove the lot, pressure wash all the plastics and refit, but buy a new carpet and seats. A cup interior can be had for £50-£100.

If you're taking it all out to wash it, save the time it takes to wash it and just fit a second hand interior.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Entirely agree. It will never come up nice but I'm going to have to give it my best shot as money is tight as I've just paid for a heap of other 1 off things. Will probably do a new carpet and seats when I sell it on though unless a really cheap one near me comes up which they never do!

I could fit out a cinema the amount of clio seats I've had in my drive in the last year. All went to the tip though!

My sister is a plonker and bought herself a car which was mechanically a complete mess (from my girlfriend and I wasn't getting involved!) and doesn't have 2 pennies to rub together so I consider this what she deserves! I jest, it will look beautiful in 2 weeks and she will only get mild chest infections.

Bought this one for when it's nearly done

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161054707158?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Last edited:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Couple of wet wipes should do the trick. . Get it to the local car wash for a laugh. Ask for a mini valet. .

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If it was me and I wasn't spending much.

id take everything out

pressure wash everything outside the car

spray an apc over everything, agitate it and let it dwell

spray a weak mix of apc all over the interior, agitate it and wipe it off

Wipe over everything inside to make sure it's all off and dress where need be.

See what everything looked like and go from there.

Try and get hold of a wet vac to make the carpets and seats easier to deal with.

shame you don't live by me, it looks like it could be fun.

get a meet going to strip and clean it lol

AUDI A5 s-sline
If it was me and I wasn't spending much.

id take everything out

pressure wash everything outside the car

spray an apc over everything, agitate it and let it dwell

spray a weak mix of apc all over the interior, agitate it and wipe it off

Wipe over everything inside to make sure it's all off and dress where need be.

See what everything looked like and go from there.

Try and get hold of a wet vac to make the carpets and seats easier to deal with.

shame you don't live by me, it looks like it could be fun.

get a meet going to strip and clean it lol

This sounds a good idea to me!

Many.
Whats the outside condition like, Good?

Interior is f**king minging. I can't understand people that would let their car get that bad!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
He was happy to get in that every day! shocking.

Exterior isn't that bad. Front bumper is held on with cable ties but I'm sure that's standard, has been on all my clios.

Just needs a new rear cluster

Impreza RB5 #054
No local Polish/Iranian car cleaning places? I'd chuck it into them to make a dent and then finish it myself.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Just drove it home. The smell has given me a belly ache!

Reading through the SH it's had 2 new injectors only 20k ago, has a fair amount of SH and regular full filter changes with it so I'm happy.

Of course I can't get more pics now but here's one of the key I thought people would like.
AlexW - cluster is one of the few spares I still have thank the lord!

B616B982-FDE0-4523-849A-F51DF1BDA836_zpsu9azudmz.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I used the spare thank god (I hadn't noticed that) and I'm not taking it out of the sandwich bag to check! Probably picked his ear with it. I am churning

Not a 320d
Thats not so bad.

Remove the interior for sure. New carpet would be ideal if you can.

If not just lots of G101. Actually for the sake of the fabric i would use Megs APC.

Id like to see pics of the results.