ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disable rear washer?

I've removed my rear wiper and sine fitted a cup spoiler - which i couldn't get the washer pipe to fit. As such, i made do with no rear wiper/washer. The pipe is left disconnected under the spoiler. Is it possible to disable the washer pump for it all together? Is it on a separate fuse to the front or anything?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
its the same pump that drives the front washers. the polarity gets switched to spin the pump the opposite direction for either one. front - clockwise . rear - anti clockwise.
little valve that the hoses attach to will only let water go one way dependant on pump direction.

you will be alright leaving it aslong as the rear is not activated.

Don't want some knob at the mot centre doing it during it's upcoming test. If they activate it, it might short out my rear brake light/leak into the tailgate if i'm unfortunate.
Might have to whip off the cup spoiler and see if i can cut it down and fit an extended one, or at least put it somewhere that it'll leak out one side.

BG 182 ff & Ph1 172
Carnt you just disconnect the pipe under the bonnet, at the pump itself? That way you won't have a problem getting water into the rear light

Clio.
Just t piece the redundant rear washer pipe into the front washer pipe, then if someone activates the rear washer it still does the front washers.