ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dirty seat belts

182 FF
My 182 has the silver seat belts (do all of em???) and in a word they are a minging.
Has anyone had any amazing results from any cleaning products on them?

172 ph1
My 182 has the silver seat belts (do all of em???) and in a word they are a minging.
Has anyone had any amazing results from any cleaning products on them?

sure my brother did it on a 106 he had just scrubbed them with hot water and fairy liquid then let them dry thats all i would use aslong as u use a scrubbing brush it should get rid of any s**t on them m8

S2 106 GTI
There's a few threads on these, I used washing up powder (small amount) in some warm water then ran the whole seat belt out a wedged a piece of card in the runner so it stayed out. Then soaked the seatbelt in the water for around 15-20 - moving it around in the water. Then got a microfibre cloth and wiped the seatbelt.

Kept the seatbelt out to dry for a few hrs came back and it was clean!!

need to do my passengers at some point

182 FF
Wouldn't quite say they'd be the first thing i'd grab when the bog roll has run out however it looking like a soak and jet wash to me.

Nice 1 fellas

182 FF
Soaked em for about an hour, scrubbed em which didn't do much at all so i took the jet wash to em and they've come up gleaming.
Look bang on. Spent 6 hours yesterday cleaning it inside and out, the dark got the better of me in the end but all in all besides using a metal polish and glass cleaner i got the job done.
Looks awesome i'm just waiting for some HT leads to arrive, get them fitted then i can let my new milltek exhaust raw. Mint

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pull them all the way out, wedge something in them so they stay out, spray in Interior cleaner and jetwash them off.

They'll look like brand new.