ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dipstick!

Is my dipstick normal (on the 182 that is)? It is about 6 inches below where it could be easily reached and as a result is right next to the electric cooling fan that may start at any time!!! Bloody hell Renault - well done for saving three-quarters of a gram off the weight of the dipstick - but minus 100 million points for endangering our digits, knuckles, skin....

Yes - I know theres an electronic one that reads out on startup but its not the same as seeing the actual oil level and making a judgement about the oil condition.

Yeah know what you mean, you either get burnt from the engine if its slightly warm. You shouldnt be checking it when its hot enough for the fan to kick in!

Unless you have the battery disconnected the fan may start at any time - up to you if you want to trust your **nk hand or your **ssy finger to a 10p thermo switch!

No offence intended!

Take care everyone...

dk

911 GTS Cab

surely it can, my fan sometimes only comes on when i am out of the car and it is locked after a run, or is this a different fan?

no way! is it tiny, yellow and right @ bottom of engine! mine is on my RSI and i thought i was the only one with one like it lol

RX-8

its hilarious no joking must of taken me about five minutes to find last night then had to wait till the engine cooled down to save my knuckles from a skin graft, crazy!

yeah ive given up trying to get to mine. If i managed to get it out i prolly wouldnt be able to get it in. What a pile of dodoo

Quote: Originally posted by Dazz on 15 July 2004

yeah ive given up trying to get to mine. If i managed to get it out i prolly wouldnt be able to get it in. What a pile of dodoo
if ever there was a post that could be taken out of context!!!

The fan will run so long as the coolent is over a certain temp. (110 deg? Ill check later)

It stays on for 12 minutes (if I remember right) or until the temp has dropped to a set level, then stops.

Ive never had my fan come on let alone the temp get above halfway.

Always thought you should check your oil on a cooled car on a level surface?