ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diff circlip issue...

1.2 2003 clio
Hi guys just looking for some advice ( 1.2 2003 clio). My circlip from the diff has come off. Now my issue is that it is no where to be seen so it must have dropped into the gearbox. Now I think I had drove a little distance since the clip had come off unknowingly with all gears being fine until the drive shaft has worked its way out and the car just gently lost drive. The drained oil has microscopic fragments within it.
My issue is what are the chances of the remaining clip bits being somewhere in the box?? And if so is there any way of either flushing or gaining access (with a magnet maybe) to check the bottom of the box without completely removing it??

Any help will be much appreciated as it is currently sat stuck on my driveway.
Cheers
Ian

clio sport 172 ph1
Happened my old 172 but managed to get a magnet in and recover 2 big bits of it although there was still a big chunk stuck in the box somewhere,drove it arround for a few weeks with know isdues until the new circlip kept poping out of its seat ended up welding it in at the finish as aparently once it jumps out it keeps doin it as it damages the seat

1.2 2003 clio
DSC_1174.JPG
DSC_1179.JPG
Been a while but just a quick update for anyone interested, put new clip in but some must have been left behind so ended up having to put another box in it as only had 1 to 4. yesterday it happened again, I would say it was due to me being rough with the car along with a knackered dogbone mount causing the engine to jolt and pop it out l, this time I just popped it back in and tacked it up so hopefully it can't jump out again.

Attachments

• DSC_1174.JPG
    DSC_1174.JPG
    795.7 KB · Views: 239