ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dial conversion - Speedo Broke!

?
After ripping my dials apart to do a led bulb conversion my speedo needle is no longer moving. It moves slightly about 5mm then stops no matter what speed your doing. I have tried reseating the needle.

Also another thing to notice - when you move the other needles they move up and 'feel' mechanical but wont go down below the minimum however the speedo needle spins freely (with some resistance)

What could this be?! How do i fix it? :(

?
Urgent - Need help!

Just did the dash clock test which made them all do a funny dance APART from the speedo needle, which just kind of twitched

?
No idea, has nothing to do with that though i would have thought? Its literally just the needle sitting on whatever motor etc moves it. Use to work before I took the needle off!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Not sure,

But i know if its a plug connector, that behind the black plastic on the back of the dials contains 4 white blocks, these are the motor's that control the needle's, Have you tamperd with them ?

?
Not sure,

But i know if its a plug connector, that behind the black plastic on the back of the dials contains 4 white blocks, these are the motor's that control the needle's, Have you tamperd with them ?

There are 4 white round blocks with motors in them. I havent tampered with them.

Do you know if dials from a ph2 are the same? (ie can i rob the motors from them?) Reason I ask is ive just won this... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380221585633&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT and now im worried that ph2 might not have the same motors? Even though the dials look the same.

try it with the needle off. does the pin spin. if not then youve f**ked sumet up.

How do I know if the pin spins? Its tiny and very smooth. But I got a feeling it only spins one "click" instead of many clicks and this is causing the "shivering" of the needle as when you move the needle you get 1 click like the others (seems to be working fine) then it stops and you can just rotate it freely.

^ hope that makes sense!

Da

Less
Needle probably pushed on too far. Try releasing it a little.

The motors look the same but I think you'll struggle to swap them over.

?
Needle probably pushed on too far. Try releasing it a little.

The motors look the same but I think you'll struggle to swap them over.

Tried everything to do with the needle, pushing it harder, pushing it less. Im now confident I somehow broke the motor (possibly pushed the needle round by accident - I remember hearing a click lol)

I'm hoping they wont be too hard to swap over? Soldered in a few places?

Da

Less
I have ph1 and ph2 dials infront of me now and they look the same but have different numbers on the back of them.

Speedo one looks soldered in 5/6 different places.

?
5/6 solder points shouldnt be a problem. I dont suppose you have any spares (ie the speedo motor from the ph1) your willing to post me for some beer tokens?