ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing gurus - Whats the best Tyre Shine product ?

Clio 182
Hello AllI'm looking for a high quality tyre shine product as the usual foams and gels from local autospares stores only last about a day and need re-doing.Any links and pics would be appreciatedThanksMike

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I've yet to try anything that works for me better than Megs Endurance.

182 CUP
I like http://www.carplan.co.uk/index.cfm?product=106 , its pretty cheap, last a while as you dont have to use much, last's a good while on the tyres and isnt that slick looking. Just gives you a nice clean look. And btw, dont get 'Dontclickhere' remarks, isnt this a forum, if you dont wanna help, dont post.....der.

Clio 182
I like http://www.carplan.co.uk/index.cfm?product=106 , its pretty cheap, last a while as you dont have to use much, last's a good while on the tyres and isnt that slick looking. Just gives you a nice clean look. And btw, dont get 'Dontclickhere' remarks, isnt this a forum, if you dont wanna help, dont post.....der.
Is that stuff quite shiny looking mate ? Thats the kind of look I personally prefer :)I agree - hate forums for that, always a boring fart that would rather you spend an hour looking for an answer rather than just tell you the information in 1 minute.If he doesn't want to help, why bother even reading the thread ? Jockey lol

Clio 182
Cheers for that info MagpieV6. That sounds like what I'm after then. I know what you mean with stuff sticking to certain tyre products, surprised Megs does that though I must admit. Haha Jonnio "Throwaway applicators ftw" lol. - top tip :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Clean, scrub and dry your tyres properly and use Megs Endurance. Not only does a bottle last forever the product actually keeps your tyres black for a while.

Still the only product I use on tyres after years i've also tried many others.

Clio 182
Gally, what do you use for drying your tyres before application mate ? (without getting deposits from the towel or whatever it is stuck to the tyre) Think i've tried lint free cloths before but they aren't much use.

Old drying towels and microfibres buddy. Compressed air is jolly useful, if you have access to it!

Megs is good for the gen pub. Blackfire Gel is still the best, IMO, but comes with the price tag to boot.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pinnacle and Blackfire are the best I agree but way overpriced sadly.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I almost bought Pinnacle Onyx before xmas then realised I have a full bottle of megs like a t**t! Still want some.

PH2 Flamer
I had always used megs. Its brilliant stuff. But i recently got some AF satin tyre dressing and rate it above megs endurance. Still use megs now and then as the actual shine is better but doesnt last as long as satin.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I prefer a satin sheen, so I use zaino z16 or Swissvax pneu. Megs endurance when the custy wants a bit more gloss! ;)

chris
detailme

Clio 182
Wow thats a lot of options there ! Thanks to everyone for your help. I may go for the Megs Endurance first and see if im happy with that, if not then look into the higher priced ones :)

Cheers All