ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If it's only Tripple try it via the green one but it won't always work great as it's not a polish as such, black would work easier.

Even by hand will give a lovely finish. :)

TC by hand chap. Spray on spread and then wipe off residue. Very easy to use.

Think you need to read autofinesse's instructions on application and how they work.

tripple is not a polish. It is a cleaner, filler and light protection. If used with a DA use it with the softer pads, in your case, the black pad.

​tough coat is wiped on, left to cure, and buff off.

Ok thanks for the answer, I got the stuff a while ago & chucked it in the garage waiting for better weather. I thought using Tripple would be good as I thought I read Gally used it like that on his Trophy. Anyway if I use the softest pads for my first try with a DA should be little chance of doing any damage anyway!

iceberg phase 2 172
hi guys anyone got any products they wanna trade ? iv got dodo lime prime , dodo light fantastic panel pot , both 99% full . also got collinite 915 in a rusty tin , loads left , and also got megs ultimate compound and ultimate polish . looking for af tripple or poorboys carnauba blue polish , or even other dodo panel pots , or try me :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Tyre dressing applicators.... What is everyone using?

I currently use the Megs one along with Megs Endurance tyre gel but its getting a bit worn out now so will need to purchase a new applicator soon.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Could be both. Only needs a minute or two before removing in the shade. Warm or in the sun apply and remove straight away. If it's nor applied thinly it's a PITA to remove. Get it right and it's a great wax

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Says 10 - 15 mins on the box, but I went for panel 1 on, panel 2 on, panel 1 off etc.

Thanks for the advice anyway YD, really pleased with the results.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Had a friend ask me what to use to clean/protect the soft top on her Street Ka..... Any easy to use products you can recommend?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what the best way is to maintain & store cloths & pads after use and would appreciate any guidance you can offer...

MF pad - apply SRP
MF cloth - buff SRP
Pad - apply HD wax
Cloth - buff HD
German applicator - Meg's endurance

Do I wash them, seal them in airtight containers, or bin them?

Thanks, as always

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If i wont be using it very soon after, everything is rinsed out in the sink with fairy liquid. Only bin them if they become dirty so that it wont wash out and i cant find another use for like on wheels etc.

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Anybody used the cheap clay bars from eBay, the ones that cost £3/4 pounds, there obviously not going to be as good as the more expensive ones but for claying once every 6/7 months are they ok?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I think I've fallen in love with scholl today

Did an enhancement detail on an Audi a1. Once decontamination was sorted I went straight for ultrafina which is usually my weapon of choice for light defects. But I needed something with a bit more bite and gloss.

So I went for scholl s17+ on a 3m yellow pad with the rotary.

Outstanding stuff if I do say so myself. I really thought I'd struggle with Audi paint but this served me well, great combo!!

82F61B60-FFA1-4DBE-BDD3-2EDDAD173B80-7833-0000048DFED089B6.jpg

EF532910-9DCF-46A9-8FEA-C631A02ABEB6-7833-0000048E07D5D959.jpg

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I was worried ill be honest

Was my first customer that wanted a
Detailing service since I've been a self employed valeter. I really want to be doing more jobs like this as I feel there isn't enough detailers on the move around here.

So I was crapping myself, it's important I get the first job right and then the rest thereafter. Black Audi is probably the worst place to start haha

Turned out all good though :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely stuff JB, the S17+ is what I recommend for 1 step on hard paint, menz sometimes lacks the 1 step bite without stepping up a grade. Very good polish.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Needing a few bits and just thinking I'll continue with my new found love of Auto Finesse.

Finale
Iron Out - would I want imperial too?
Citrus

Are their wax mate applicators any good?

Already have -

Lather
Tripple
Tough Coat
Revive
Crystal
Temptation

Anything else?

Have plenty of AG ITR, Clays etc just can't think if I'd need anything else whilst I'm placing an order.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Lovely stuff JB, the S17+ is what I recommend for 1 step on hard paint, menz sometimes lacks the 1 step bite without stepping up a grade. Very good polish.

What suprised me the most is how good it was suited to the yellow pad.

Might order some sandwich pads to see just how good they are with this stuff

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I used mine as a frisbee and Craig lasted half a panel before changing.

I'm not saying they aren't useful with time but I always preferred.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Worth trying one mate but I prefer hex and 3m over many others. Menz/Sonus both poor and Lake Country didn't work very well.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't bother mate. It's no better than 50/50 imo. There marketing actually makes their products sounds worse, too much unprovable nonsense.

In saying that I will buy a pot of Ezyme. It's one of the best waxes i've ever used. Just feels immense. So oily!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't bother mate. It's no better than 50/50 imo. There marketing actually makes their products sounds worse, too much unprovable nonsense.

In saying that I will buy a pot of Ezyme. It's one of the best waxes i've ever used. Just feels immense. So oily!

I do like the look of Ezyme but £190 a pot!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I know mate! I was lucky enough to have a 1/4 pot as a sample. Was a pleasure to use.

Ibiza FR
I'm looking to buy a polish / sealant combo, and am stuck between 3 choices.
I have come down to the following choices.
AF Tough Prep + AF Tough Coat
AF Tripple + AF Tough Coat
Gtechniq P1 + Gtechniq C2V3

I will be polishing by hand, although I am considering borrowing a friends DA - if this is the case, which pad would work well?
Anyone have any advice on which to go for from past experience?
Car is a Sapphire Black Z4.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tripple and Tough coat chap is perfectly fine although initial testing I find C2V3 much nicer, also a much more advanced product in comparison to TC which is just a simple spray sealant.

Twingo Dynamique
AF Tripple, I followed the how to use on i4d, apply with megs mf applicator pad, then buff off with mf towel.... now got little white specks here and there, as if it didn't come off or whatever..... anyone able to give me some advice??? I just tried doing the bonnet again and did a couple coats, it seems to have come up well atm.

Should i be applying with pressure and so that the glazed effect disappears, or let that bit dry a little then buff off....?? :/ :S new to detailing!!!