ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
20240206_182943.jpg

Heres a little teaser on that car I bought......

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A bit closer, to show just how f**king horrible it was and how s**t poverty carpets are for trapping dirt. (honestly, I must have called the previous owner every derogatory term known during that. I f**king hate her.)

IMG_1577.jpeg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I know they get slated, but EZ Car Care have an offer on of some of their 5l tubs for £14.99 each. I mean, £15 for 5 litres of anything is decent

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I know they get slated, but EZ Car Care have an offer on of some of their 5l tubs for £14.99 each. I mean, £15 for 5 litres of anything is decent
I've used quite a bit of their stuff.

It's cheap but it doesn't go very far. I still rate it though as decent working, especially their spray on jet wash off sealant Fusion.

Delivery times used to be shocking, but you knew that and don't order from them if you need something tomorrow. They have however gotten alot better at deliveries and last I ordered from them was delivered in 3 days.

All in all there's better products out there, but for a weekend warrior just wanting to keep on top of their car and not pay the polish then it's decent enough.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Yep, ive used some of the EZ stuff.

For me personally, it kind of sits here:

s**t Halfords Stuff (See: Demon Shine)
EZ
Everything else you cant find in Halfords

Its 'OK' at best. For those who have just been using the bucket and sponge, it will blow them away......Im thousands of pounds too deep to find it good anymore 🤣

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, ive used some of the EZ stuff.

For me personally, it kind of sits here:

s**t Halfords Stuff (See: Demon Shine)
EZ
Everything else you cant find in Halfords

Its 'OK' at best. For those who have just been using the bucket and sponge, it will blow them away......Im thousands of pounds too deep to find it good anymore 🤣
I sort of agree and disagree with you there, I've spent an extortionate amount of things in the past trialing all sorts of brands, products etc.

Some (not all) of the products from EZ beat other brands hands down.

Some are absolute shite, their shampoo for example, no suds, not slick and wouldn't try again.

But fusion, 5L for £15, spray on, jet wash off and towel dry and you've got protection for 4-6 weeks at least.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I sort of agree and disagree with you there, I've spent an extortionate amount of things in the past trialing all sorts of brands, products etc.

Some are absolute shite, their shampoo for example, no suds, not slick and wouldn't try again.

But fusion, 5L for £15, spray on, jet wash off and towel dry and you've got protection for 4-6 weeks at least.
Maybe im being unfair - I hadnt tried everything in their range tbf.

it was also yeaaars ago I last used up their stuff. I just felt, at the time, it was alright for what it was.

bare in mind, too, that most of my usage is CarChem now. Similar prices to EZ (on BF when I stock up anyway) and it blows most of their stuff out the water.

Its always going to be endless debates on detailing stuff. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong. We all like what we like :)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

I was thinking Sub Zero snow foam, Fusion Spray sealant and Viper alloy cleaner. £45 plus £9 postage and that should last me a year at least

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
arrived today… just need some good weather so I can actually spend some real time on the cars. So June probably.

View attachment 1679515
It's not that long ago people were saying steer clear of clay mitts they can cause marring. I can't see this being any different.
I've used Farecla clay mitts for a few years now and never had any problems if you keep it well lubed 🤭
Hopefully we'll have some good weather soon, then you can report back your thoughts.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I was thinking Sub Zero snow foam, Fusion Spray sealant and Viper alloy cleaner. £45 plus £9 postage and that should last me a year at least
They are only in Stockport too if you head that way at any point, they have a small shop which do the same deals as online.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
It's not that long ago people were saying steer clear of clay mitts they can cause marring. I can't see this being any different.
I've used Farecla clay mitts for a few years now and never had any problems if you keep it well lubed 🤭
Hopefully we'll have some good weather soon, then you can report back your thoughts.
I’ve used the gloves before and found them okay tbh, just need to be gentle I do wonder if people apply loads of pressure and that’s what causes the marring.