ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Not a 320d
Cheers, the reason I considered it was to seal wheels and make exhausts easier to clean.

Ive heard about that japwax, 12 months durability isn't it?

I dont want fk1000p as a lsp, it's purely for wheels and to make exhausts easy to clean

C5 not an option for you?

I only use BSD after every wash now. Do my paint then wheels to get rid of anything I missed. Ive got plenty of room to get my hands in my inner rim (of my alloy wheels) and give it a wipe. Ive not used C5 on this car although I do have some sat in my fridge. I think in future id be applying C5 then topping with BSD every wash.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
C5 not an option for you?

I only use BSD after every wash now. Do my paint then wheels to get rid of anything I missed. Ive got plenty of room to get my hands in my inner rim (of my alloy wheels) and give it a wipe. Ive not used C5 on this car although I do have some sat in my fridge. I think in future id be applying C5 then topping with BSD every wash.

Can c5 be used on wheels as well as metal?

And how fussy is it? I.e does it need much cure time or is it buff, on buff off?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Scott seriously, I have the shiznit! You won't use any other wheel sealant after this stuff!

Cheers, the reason I considered it was to seal wheels and make exhausts easier to clean.

Ive heard about that japwax, 12 months durability isn't it?

I dont want fk1000p as a lsp, it's purely for wheels and to make exhausts easy to clean

Fusso 99 or Fusso soft 99 something like that a quick google brings it up.

I was thinking of trying some but bottled it.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Dave.

Why not? expensive?
I'd definitely recommend clean your car.

Contrary to others, my deliveries have always been punctual. Plus I emailed them saying my new purple monster towel was leaving fibres on the paint. Without even asking they sent a replacement the next day.

Hardly a lazy response!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are you on about c5 or Fk? Recommend one and I'll purchase it :D

... If it can be used on wheels and exhausts :p

Don't know about exhausts....

But I can't find it online. PM me your address and i'll send you some in the post.

Not a 320d
Can c5 be used on wheels as well as metal?

And how fussy is it? I.e does it need much cure time or is it buff, on buff off?

Yeah it can. Apply with a cotton pad then remove with a MF cloth. Curing time is minimal. Its expensive.

Problem is for it to bond with s**t it needs to be clean. paintwork polished then wiped down with IPA.

If Daniel has some magic stuff try that out first see how you get on.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Gtechniq C1, 4 and 5 are all the same product, can be used on painted panels, painted and natural I painted textured plastics. Bare metal. Painted or I painted wheels. Pretty much everything apart from glass and probably rubber.

Foe wheels, exhaust tailpipes and trim I wouldn't recommend anything else other than a nano quartz coating like gtechniq. Plenty of application videos on YouTube from GTechniq

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Having a browse over on DW at the minute and stumbled upon this gem.

3e8yjede.jpg

Unlimited edition? DAFUQ?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Angel wax got upset when autofinesse used a different supplier for Desire. They did something similar when valet pro went to another supplier for bilberry wheel cleaner.

Theres plenty of threads about it on DW. All I can say is that all the samples of desire and desirable have felt different to my original 1 of 20 autofinesse desire

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Angel wax got upset when autofinesse used a different supplier for Desire. They did something similar when valet pro went to another supplier for bilberry wheel cleaner.

Theres plenty of threads about it on DW. All I can say is that all the samples of desire and desirable have felt different to my original 1 of 20 autofinesse desire

That wasn't my main point although I did notice that too. It's the "Unlimited Edition".

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Originally desire was produced in a quantity of 20, then 500, then mass produced. Angel wax used this on the attack after they weren't used as the supplier

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol at unlimited edition! The original desire came from those guys from memory. Then they messed around with it. Hilarious. Gordon used to buy it for about £10.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Sonax perfect finish looks amazing. Anyone had any experience with it?

9104929474_f61b447212_c.jpg

It has a cut of 4/6 and gloss of 6/6 so potentially the perfect one stage compound. Much of it's hype has been around it's ability to work quickly, with minimal dust, easy removal and importantly finish pin sharp. Its touted as the best polish to use on soft finicky paints due to to its ability finish with no holograms.

9102694137_521f8405ac_c.jpg

9110511733_5fac1621dd_c.jpg

I'd definitely recommend clean your car.

Contrary to others, my deliveries have always been punctual. Plus I emailed them saying my new purple monster towel was leaving fibres on the paint. Without even asking they sent a replacement the next day.

Hardly a lazy response!
Cheers, I've never had a problem either. I always get a hand written thank you note too (I know it doesn't mean much, buy it's better than no note at all)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
100 quid on a wax

Cant really choose between
Zymol carbon, titainium, glasur
raceglaze 55

Im not worried about durability but 2 months and above would do. Im after huge sheeting behaviour.

any opinions?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It does lovvvvvvve to sheet! Up the budget and buy shield for me. :)

Are you a big wax user? Experienced?

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
It does lovvvvvvve to sheet! Up the budget and buy shield for me. :)

Are you a big wax user? Experienced?

experienced...humm.. no.

i wash 2BM, decontaminate, bring out the das 6 pro once in a while, get it swirl free as best i can, blackhole it and apply AG HD wax as per instructions..

Just fancy something different to apply but want more sheeting. I could try out a sealant but enjoy the application of a wax.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You have experience on how to apply and remove wax and follow instructions though, that helps.

Glasur is special. The whole experience is. It's made by a proper company that have years of making wax. Hard to replicate. I love it's old school nature. Personally I think you'll love it. Only advice? Buy a decent pre wax cleanser. Something like Lusso Revitalising creme or Werkstat prime. HD cleanse isn't easy to use.

It can be fussy, it can gas it's solvents after application and set rock solid if left but it's more than worth it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You can also look into a new style spray sealant to keep it topped up, reload 2014 for eg. It will top Glasur's sheeting ad beading etc but shouldn't hamper any looks. Or a nice QD.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm sure Cliotoby like the lake country pads. But never used any of them myself. Presume you're using with a DA? If so Hexlogic or autofinesse pads works well for me. Currently using Scholl pads on rotary that I like, and believe they adore supposed to be good by DA as well

172 cup
I'm sure Cliotoby like the lake country pads. But never used any of them myself. Presume you're using with a DA? If so Hexlogic or autofinesse pads works well for me. Currently using Scholl pads on rotary that I like, and believe they adore supposed to be good by DA as well

Yes sorry mate da so is the autofinesse kit better value for money over the polished bliss kit as I would like some spot pads Aswell