ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

I like the Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels, my wheels are shot to s**t anyway so I'm not fussed. I used it last time & agitated it a little just to get the stubborn areas clean. When I did the wheels this time I didn't have to use it at all.
I try to just use a little bit of it when I do use it.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone got any experience with Autobrite Direct Magifoam?

I ordered a bottle after seeing lots of good things about it on inatagram. After speaking to a friend today he said he really struggled to get it anywhere near thick enough.

Just wondered what everyone else thought?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone got any experience with Autobrite Direct Magifoam?

I ordered a bottle after seeing lots of good things about it on inatagram. After speaking to a friend today he said he really struggled to get it anywhere near thick enough.

Just wondered what everyone else thought?

I'm half way through a bottle of it at the moment, I'm not too keen on it myself mainly for the reason you have mentioned, maybe it is just me not getting the dilution right but I'm still to get it as think as my previous hyperwash which also works out a lot better value for money.

Mini JCW
^ Autosmart snowfoam is brilliant stuff - can be made from a runny consistency to shaving foam consistency just by altering dilution ratio. Very under-rated - as is most AS stuff IMO.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I'm half way through a bottle of it at the moment, I'm not too keen on it myself mainly for the reason you have mentioned, maybe it is just me not getting the dilution right but I'm still to get it as think as my previous hyperwash which also works out a lot better value for money.
Hmm, I'll have to see how I get on.

I always see pictures like this:

paru3enu.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
just remember that if you're running a basic low pressure washer, it won't be as thick as some of the serious hobbyist / amateurs running high powered pressure washers that will make the weakest dilution thick.

Mini JCW
So, due to the GTechniq I1 being sh*te on the hood of the Zed - removed this and applied AG fabric protector - however after rinsing off it's f*cking etched into the paintwork of the car - so looks like I need to re-machine the car and in doing so remove the OC 2.0. FFS :(

On the plus side, optimum instant detailer is a brilliant product - smells amazing, slick to apply and remove, leaves a nice oily, deep finish to the paint :)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I've just had a mercedes C class 'book in' for correction, I'm thinking #105 to cut on an orange hex logic pad, do we think that will do the job?

The last mercedes I did was a ball ache.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've just had a mercedes C class 'book in' for correction, I'm thinking #105 to cut on an orange hex logic pad, do we think that will do the job?

The last mercedes I did was a ball ache.

Maybe try something not as coarse to start? Never start on something as heavy.

FF Racing Blue 182
Had one of these paint thickness gauges on my car today. Does 150s to high 160 seem ok ? That was around all of it.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
150 is at the top end of normal iirc?

Hydro2 should really come with an application warning. Just applied it on my bonnet and bumper and it had etched Into them before I had time to reach for my PW (it was right next to me)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I a had similar experience first time I used gyeon wetcoat. Sprayed over the full car and went straight to rinse and had same troubles as JD complained of

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I just had the same. Was less than 1 min between me starting bumper and bonnet and me getting my PW on it and it left spray marks all over it. I was fuming lol.

sorted now though

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Surely that's not the products fault? Have you seen the humidity and weather?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't blame the product I said it should realistically come with a warning on the bottle.

something as simple as "avoid using in direct sunlight" would do the trick

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i knew it had the potential to do it, im not complaining about the products its still epic. but whereas you can get away with polishing in the sun although its not recommended you cant get away with using hydro2.

so IMO a warning on the bottle would be a good idea. some (like me) will chance it but at least its there in black and white.

directions on the bottle are just the 5 steps of use

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
When I had the issue, it wasn't in direct sunlight or high humidity or any other weather related taboo. IIRC nor did JD

So. New car time on Thursday, first time I've had a new car.

I actually have 2 days booked off around this too, so will be giving it some Swissvax love. I also have some C-Quarts glass sealant, having never used a dedicated glass sealant, any strict doo's and don'ts?

The CQ stuff has came in a little pack with different applicators, eraser etc. Sunlight an issue? Heat? How many layers?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I bought some g3 scratch remover on the three for two at halfords and I'm over the moon with it. It has more cut than auto finesse's revitalise #1. Not bad for an off the shelf product imo.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I bought some g3 scratch remover on the three for two at halfords and I'm over the moon with it. It has more cut than auto finesse's revitalise #1. Not bad for an off the shelf product imo.

I have the AF 3 stage DA kit, sounds good.

Does it give off as much dust though?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
So. New car time on Thursday, first time I've had a new car.

I actually have 2 days booked off around this too, so will be giving it some Swissvax love. I also have some C-Quarts glass sealant, having never used a dedicated glass sealant, any strict doo's and don'ts?

The CQ stuff has came in a little pack with different applicators, eraser etc. Sunlight an issue? Heat? How many layers?

flyby30? It ideally needs to be heated to aid bond otherwise doesn't last all that long, certainly not in the same league as GT G1.

When are you planning on doing it? Said to Kyle I'd help him with some C4 on plastic trim

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
flyby30? It ideally needs to be heated to aid bond otherwise doesn't last all that long, certainly not in the same league as GT G1.

When are you planning on doing it? Said to Kyle I'd help him with some C4 on plastic trim

Could be that, must admit ai cant remember, I've had it for a while lol. No rush on doing that, if you're down or Kyles going up, would you mind if I tagged along?

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
I want a paint depth gauge, and I've been looking around for a while. I'm not after an individual layer thickness one, as they're mega money and I'm not that fussed.
I've looked on the bay and there are lots of the same item with a £100 price difference between them. And then there are the pen options like this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351044976313?redirect=mobile
As much as the tight fit in me wants to get one to try it out, the sensible side of me say "buy cheap buy twice"
Has anyone used one or got one??

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The pro is a much better machine. Flex is the only DA better than the pro even after all these years.

Fiesta ST3
I want a paint depth gauge, and I've been looking around for a while. I'm not after an individual layer thickness one, as they're mega money and I'm not that fussed.
I've looked on the bay and there are lots of the same item with a £100 price difference between them. And then there are the pen options like this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351044976313?redirect=mobile
As much as the tight fit in me wants to get one to try it out, the sensible side of me say "buy cheap buy twice"
Has anyone used one or got one??

i bought one of these from Aliexpress: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Digi...-0-1250um-with-Auto-F-NF-Probe/726719478.html

£65 delivered

Came in 5 days from Far East, very happy with the service and gauge is spot on

2014_07_12_13_39_36.jpg

2014_07_12_13_39_50.jpg

2014_07_12_13_40_21.jpg

2014_07_12_13_40_46.jpg

2014_07_12_13_41_02.jpg

no customs either.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure this has been asked several times but what products are best suited to bring out the best of black paint (Ford Panther Black)? Would deep cleanse, Tripple, Prima Amigo followed by Tough Coat be sufficient?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Either use triple or amigo, won't really be much benefit using both.

Generally a a filler heavy product as both above and an oily wax or sealant that leaves a wax like finish is always good on blacks