ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Mini JCW
Got 5L of carchem snow foam delivered today
What sort of dilution is best? Usually go for an inch in bottom of bottle of snow foam lance

While I'm at it making a shopping list, which nook and cranny brushes?

Quoting myself like a cool kid.

I've just bought some 303 aerospace protectant so will give that a try, it will come in handy for my engine bay too :)

My roof is vinyl so it's the same product for me :) I'm assuming your roof is similar to the mohair '5 ones?

Ah my bad. It's a breathable fabric material that BMW use iirc.

Mini JCW
Managed to clean the CV grease off my Daytona 'speedster' brush so saved a few quid :)

Still too big to get past the dust shield on the front wheels though :(

Golf GTD
1 month old Fusso Soft Coat water behaviour - really impressed with this wax. Not attracting half as much dust as AG HD Wax did and think the water behaviour is better!

[video=youtube_share;c5b2JLtfTFo]http://youtu.be/c5b2JLtfTFo[/video]

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just happened across this and had to share. Utterly glorious finish!

NISSAN024.jpg

Fiesta ST3
G1 and G2, is there a knack to removing the G1 residue successfully without swearing? :D

applied G1 at 18C and left it on for 15mins, used G2 to remove and was a right pain to remove, to the naked eye it looks awesome but using the sun gun on the glass you could see the cloudy smears still, took me an age to remove, tied various window cloths, MFs, Cotton Terry towels, tried G6, Eraser and think its all off now but it wasnt easy!

need it to rain now, only applied on sides and rears, didnt want to risk the front just yet

Fiesta ST3
Applied gtechniq i1 and l1 to the ST seats today. Was a bit daunting spraying i1 on the cloth parts of the seats In case of stains but it went on fine and soon dried clear.

Now the that just leaves cquk for exterior ..

FF Racing Blue 182
I'm about to hand polish my mums 3yr old focus, they've had it since new and its got loads of swirls.

Being black I was wondering if primo amigo and black hole glaze can be used together. Also i know the only way forward is with a machine, but I've seen some stuff that megs offer for swirls and wondering if i should go down that road by hand.

Fiesta ST3
i think Primo and BH do the same thing, using both will be a waste, ive yet to try Primo but meant to be very good, then top with a wax
JD and gally will know for sure

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They are similar. Use Blackhole it's just a clean up for your mum. Ideally you want to cleanse before hand as BH won't remove much dirt from the paint.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Hey guys,

Tried one of those tcut scratch remover pens on my car out of curiosity, only done a couple of scratches with it and they do look alot better I must admit. The problem is though it works by putting a layer of laquer or paint on top of the scratch will fills it in and hides it very well, but you can visibly see where the pens been as the area is slightly raised up :( How can I sort this out? Not looking for an immaculate fix but just want it better than at the moment.

Also another question, someones caked my door hinges in grease and they're disgusting. Best way to clean all the grease etc off?

Cheers

FF Racing Blue 182
took a trip to halfrauds as you do, and it was only for megs tyre gel. anyway, so i picked up megs ultimate polish + the ultimate compound.

so that's me gave myself a job on Saturday. so im thinking about these steps, 1-uc, 2-up, 3-pb glaze and wax ? obviously wash and that as normal. hopefully get the clio sparkling after that.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Hey guys,

Tried one of those tcut scratch remover pens on my car out of curiosity, only done a couple of scratches with it and they do look alot better I must admit. The problem is though it works by putting a layer of laquer or paint on top of the scratch will fills it in and hides it very well, but you can visibly see where the pens been as the area is slightly raised up :( How can I sort this out? Not looking for an immaculate fix but just want it better than at the moment.

Also another question, someones caked my door hinges in grease and they're disgusting. Best way to clean all the grease etc off?

Cheers

I'd go for an aggressive clay bar to reduce the lumps, or a cutting polish, but you'd need to be very careful not to over do the surrounding areas I guess... I may be completely wrong with the aggressive clay idea, but it worked for me before.

Wasn't there a sticky thread covering this topic? Or was that on DW?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I'd go for an aggressive clay bar to reduce the lumps, or a cutting polish, but you'd need to be very careful not to over do the surrounding areas I guess... I may be completely wrong with the aggressive clay idea, but it worked for me before.

Wasn't there a sticky thread covering this topic? Or was that on DW?

Have used a cutting polish and its smoothed it loads, Facerla G3 Permanent Scratch Remover :) Very happy but taking forever! Wish there was some way to do it quicker as this could take a while.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hey guys,

Cheers

Wet sand and polish pal.

An all purpose cleaner should take the grease

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Wet sand and polish pal

I forgot im so good at wetsanding ;) (remember the thread about my bonnet? ;)) I'll never ever even buy some sandpaper again unless its for painting. Plus I have no machine polisher, and polishing by hand would take eternity! Got any idea about the door shuts? :)

Weird your grease post came up as I typed this reply :s

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I forgot im so good at wetsanding ;) (remember the thread about my bonnet? ;)) I'll never ever even buy some sandpaper again unless its for painting. Plus I have no machine polisher, and polishing by hand would take eternity! Got any idea about the door shuts? :)

Weird your grease post came up as I typed this reply :s

sorry, I didn't realise it was you again lol.

Wet sand and polish :p I'm really surprised there nobody local to you with a polisher

ninja edit

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
sorry, I didn't realise it was you again lol.

Wet sand and polish :p I'm really surprised there nobody local to you with a polisher

ninja edit

There probably is, whoever it is just hasn't appeared yet, plus with working all over the place and training in Bedfordshire every few weeks my schedules a nightmare! Yeah me again ;) Tempted to wet sand a tiniest bit then try polishing it by hand, may do it on a cheap panel off the breakers yard to see if it can be done by hand.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
There probably is, whoever it is just hasn't appeared yet, plus with working all over the place and training in Bedfordshire every few weeks my schedules a nightmare! Yeah me again ;) Tempted to wet sand a tiniest bit then try polishing it by hand, may do it on a cheap panel off the breakers yard to see if it can be done by hand.

Even if you use 1200 and then 1500 just to blend it in slightly then polish it by hand it may reduce it to the eye quite a lot