ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
No gloss or wax enhancing shampoo should strip your LSP. More likely is it leaves something behind over your LSP that hides or affects its performance and or water behaviour

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I'd give the Mothers car some attention as I've got the day off and her car was at home.

Grim seats prior to cleaning.

Used LTT Leather Care with Some Shoe polishing brushes

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404140110.883421.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404140120.867028.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404140133.851443.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404140142.583881.jpg

Stupid cream leather!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
LTT are the pinnacle of leather care tbf. Gliptones cleaner is great though for a cheaper alternative.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
LTT are the pinnacle of leather care tbf. Gliptones cleaner is great though for a cheaper alternative.

I like Gliptone and have a small bottle of it but for the perforated seats in this I just found the foam and brush so much easier, Not the cheapest stuff but definitely worth it in my eyes.

Just a whole load more leather in that bloody car to go :(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I beleive reset is a natural bare shampoo, like BTBM, lather, gwash etc but never used it myself. It shouldn't affect Hydr02

Cheers I'm looking for a new Shampoo as my B2BM is coming to an end.

I never got on with Hubikote either even after giving it a few goes. I always ended up going back to B2BM.

Just seen over on dw autofinesse are testing/releasing new applicator pads and a wax.

Applicator looks like it sticks to a 4in pad which sounds ideal. The waxmate they do isn't all that in my opinion. It's too small and too soft. This could be a good solution.

upa5ezan.jpg

Another wax??? Not sure how many waxes af need in their range but I think they need to be carful they don't release too many.

I have no idea where this one will sit in the range.

ejytana8.jpg

What's everyone's thoughts?

Those hand polishing pads look good, for people not looking to step upto a DA or to worried about using a DA they could be ideal price dependent.

Wax. Meh I'm a converted sealant fan.

Interesting Dave. I've never seen one of those before. It's a good idea I think.

No doubt the af one will sell better than the elite one even tho it's the same.
scotty10 just rinse under a warm tap with a bit of fairy liquid and then just leave to dry.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, massage some fairy liquid into it with hot water. Rinse thoroughly and leave to air dry. Important to do as they disintegrate very quickly if left with product on them.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Best method I found for cleaning wax applicators is give them an initial rinse, then leave to sit in very hot water and fairy liquid. Leave it till the water starts to cool as this will break down the wax better with the hot water. Massage it as you rinse then leave to air dry

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Always soak my pads in hot hot water and fairy liquid. Air dry and bish bash bosh.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Does anyone still bother with dedicated wheel cleaners?

I've come to the end of my VP Bilberry and AF Imperial and I find I'm not really miss them all that much. My wheels are sealed with coatings, so only use shampoo mix or citrus power / RDS. Other none protected wheels I wash down with the same pre wash, which only really removes general dirt, then follow up with an iron remover.

It's been a while since I used a dedicated wheel cleaner and wondering will I benefit from a wheel cleaner if I'll be periodically following it up with an iron remover?

I don't use a dedicated wheel cleaner anymore.

I got five litres of simoniz car shampoo for £5 from Costco so I just use that. The shampoo contains wax so it's perfect for wheels. I don't use it on the bodywork but it's a very good shampoo and perfect for my needs as a wheel cleaner.

I put 30ml in a spray bottle and it works very well indeed. It's ridiculously cheap and does exactly the same as a wheel cleaner.

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Does anyone still bother with dedicated wheel cleaners?

I've come to the end of my VP Bilberry and AF Imperial and I find I'm not really miss them all that much. My wheels are sealed with coatings, so only use shampoo mix or citrus power / RDS. Other none protected wheels I wash down with the same pre wash, which only really removes general dirt, then follow up with an iron remover.

It's been a while since I used a dedicated wheel cleaner and wondering will I benefit from a wheel cleaner if I'll be periodically following it up with an iron remover?

Ive started just using wonder wheels hot wheels, I thought it was a cheap iron x until I was told its an LSP safe wheel cleaner with fallout remover in it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Apply a wax or sealant over the top of tripple and it'll stay looking lovely for many months to come, and make washing much easier

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've just bought that towel and it seems very good. I'm used to much bigger towels but it's very absorbent and soft. Definitely wash before you use it though!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I just used the same pads and compounds I use for paint, and as always, start with the cutting pad to remove the sanding marks, and step down till you're on the finishing pad.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Another quick noob question.

There must be about 4 layers of wax on my car. I washed it a couple of times then waxed it after each wash. Is there anything I need to do to get rid of them or will a good hard scrub with a wash mitt take care of it. Planning on machining it is all ??

Chris