ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

1.8 Civic EX
What's best for interior plastics/dash etc? Any off the shelf products you guys can recomend? Or would some hot water with fairy liquid and a stiff bristle brush do the trick? The plastics on my rear door are the worst, here's a pic to give you an idea of what I'm up against. No idea what he previous owner did but it's rather nasty...

i ideally want something that will get right in the grain and give it a good scrubbing.

IMG_20140517_164943.jpg

1.8 Civic EX
You'd recommend Dressle over Total? Total being the purpose made interior cleaner by af...

hmmm i I don't actually need any other car cleaning products right now but if I'm ordering off the net I'm gonna be tempted to buy more stuff lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
You'd recommend Dressle over Total? Total being the purpose made interior cleaner by af...

hmmm i I don't actually need any other car cleaning products right now but if I'm ordering off the net I'm gonna be tempted to buy more stuff lol

Having not looked at total, but going by what you say, total would be to clean it then a product like dressle or spritz (I think that's their interior dressing) to finish off.

You can't go wrong with AF tbh

Argh! Parked under a tree yesterday and came back to 5 big bird poos on the boot.

Cleaned off no problem, but upon drying noticed they all stained. The sun must have baked them?

I've tried Amigo and Zaino Z2, but can't shift them (I know that's not their purpose, but it's all I have).

Hard to capture, but here are two:

14207503884_71d857b633_b.jpg

14205168502_845fdee6ca_b.jpg

Help! Advice please.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yep. My car got bombed yesterday and it's left some serious damage.

All the more for Andy to tackle in a few weeks! :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone local with a machine mate? Sadly etching can stay. Especially when the sun gets on it. Can bring it back through.

Any one recommend a product to remove this baked on brake dust

I've already tried bilberry wheel cleaner, citrus power, AF imperial wheel cleaner and iron x but not having much luck

It's only one wheel and it's letting the car down I think personally

a7u7yduz.jpg

hetysety.jpg

Not a 320d
Have you changed your brake pads lol?

Sonax might be worth a look but Iron X I would think a better choice - stronger.

Just keep applying it and leave it for a while.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Any one tried the AF duo edgless yet? Ordered five along with their great value drying towels. I'm impressed with the duo towels, really soft. Bought them for the vee but yet to try them!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Those blue drying towels? I wouldn't use any bar the yellow plush i4d/PB ones on bodywork now. Those blue ones are like sandpaper in comparison.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've been lackadaisical recently ordering stuff. Waiting on more Hydro, IX and reset to try from Cragy boi!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't a fan of hardbody, was just like water and faded quickly. Fad product imo far surpassed by others on the market. Was like a wipe on C2V3 ime but not as good.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Glasur at the minute but I just meant LSP in general. Not sure why I wrote wax.

Glasur will be going back to its rightful owner shortly so I'll be getting some carbon I think.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Makes a big difference to the QD imo. Sonus Carnauba Spritz is lovely and easier to use than Field glaze. Z6 is more synthetic. Still awesome but i prefer a richer product was topping waxes.

Even CG V7. Lovely product even on it's own and uber slick.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf Z6 gives drying aid also. Carnauba ones you wouldn't really use for that imo.

Fiesta ST3
gally what compound/polish/pad combo would you recommend for Spirit blue Fiesta ST2 mk7 paint? (using DAS6)

im trying to get my products sorted for when it arrives (a while yet), it will have dealer prep so minimal swirls i hope, im now thinking CQUK 2014 as coating but want the paint to be right before applying it, i already have eraser for wipe down

i know you have worked on a few STs so thought you be best person to ask!

thanks

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
gally what compound/polish/pad combo would you recommend for Spirit blue Fiesta ST2 mk7 paint? (using DAS6)

im trying to get my products sorted for when it arrives (a while yet), it will have dealer prep so minimal swirls i hope, im now thinking CQUK 2014 as coating but want the paint to be right before applying it, i already have eraser for wipe down

i know you have worked on a few STs so thought you be best person to ask!

thanks

As long as you tell the dealer you don't want it touched etc it should come pretty swirl free. If there are a few marks etc Hex pads Blue probably and Menz 4000 will do the trick nicely. If it was mine however i'd be giving it the full works as Ford paint is incredibly orange peeled :( but that would take serious work obviosuly.

CQUK is a great product, brought the ST I did over the weekend up lovely!