ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Quick question (hopefully)

Whats everyones drying method?

I use an asda microfibre towel, and just catch most of the water on the panel to break it up & let the rest evaporate. Is this decent enough to prevent swirls etc? Ive heard people who just lay the towel on and take it off again, i've tried this but found that my towel gets soaked very quick.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Mist of QD all over, Open hose rinse/watering can and then dry with my drying towels, I've a terrible habit of wiping but yes pat drying is recommended.... I use 2 drying towels to get 1 car dry.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Do we have a Waxybox club discount code? I've still not found the discount page to check.
If we do, can someone please link me by PM to the discount page please??
If not, can someone let me also please?

w6w3zn.png

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Quick question (hopefully)

Whats everyones drying method?

I use an asda microfibre towel, and just catch most of the water on the panel to break it up & let the rest evaporate. Is this decent enough to prevent swirls etc? Ive heard people who just lay the towel on and take it off again, i've tried this but found that my towel gets soaked very quick.

As coby said, QD then I use the pressure washer without the attachment on to rinse it all off. Then a towel to dab the remaining water.

I was about to dry it today but the rain started it so I misted it over with the pressure washer to get it to bead then left it

Mist of QD all over, Open hose rinse/watering can and then dry with my drying towels, I've a terrible habit of wiping but yes pat drying is recommended.... I use 2 drying towels to get 1 car dry.

As coby said, QD then I use the pressure washer without the attachment on to rinse it all off. Then a towel to dab the remaining water.

I was about to dry it today but the rain started it so I misted it over with the pressure washer to get it to bead then left it

Cheers guys :)

So it would be: Wash>rinse>QD>rinse>pat dry?

Got most of my new stuff today, and I cracked open the Iron-X in my room to see what all the fuss was about with the smell...

Dear god, never again :dead:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
is onyx their Matte wax?

and where you saying that hex pad and menzerna polish combo was your favourite for finishing? I forgot to ask the other day

More of a single stage correction combination that finishes down well. Especially with a blob of AF finishing polish on the pad.

Blue 3M and 106fa is great for fine finishing

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
More of a single stage correction combination that finishes down well. Especially with a blob of AF finishing polish on the pad.

Blue 3M and 106fa is great for fine finishing

Ah, af finishing as in number 3 or that white 'perfect finish' or whatever it's called?

I knew it was one of them lol.

When are you free this week btw? I'll try and stop by for the illusion... I may pick your brains about polishes too

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Has anyone tried BSD on a wet or damp panel yet? I'm still not liking application and occassionally getting smears on my black golf even in cool weather.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Has anyone tried BSD on a wet or damp panel yet? I'm still not liking application and occassionally getting smears on my black golf even in cool weather.

First couple of times I used it I didn't get smears etc then the last few times I did, just required a little more work in. God knows what i've done differently, as the panels have been drier the last few times too...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol! It's not like it's not been out for years. You would think it's new technology!