ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Clio 172
Gtechniq C4 etc will last 12 months
No, the beading will but the darkening effect won't

Solution finish will do 12 months with 2 coats or 6 months plus with 1 coat. And that's beading as well as keeping the trim black. Also a lot easier to use than c4. You can't incorrectly apply like you can with c4 and the like

Clio 172
Solution finish?
DB133496-3AF5-4280-975D-6ABFB6B84D06_zpscx3wdywj.jpg

AE076081-66AA-4B2D-B11B-C91FA8D22971_zpsm8ck1cyw.jpg

92634016-6C9B-4FF3-B56E-EB54294F3697_zpsvzfjwloc.jpg

38607201-354F-40E4-936D-D74734928524_zpsx2mwlecb.jpg

£15 for a small bottle but that's done 3 full cars trims and still over half left

Unlike c4 where 15ml will do 2 at a push and not restore anywhere near as well :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you use 15ml of C4 or Dlux on 2 cars you need your head checked! Although I would say solution finish is very good.

Dlux will darken and last over 12 months. It did 18 months on wheels alone and a year even on a wing I trialled it on!

Clio 172
If you use 15ml of C4 or Dlux on 2 cars you need your head checked! Although I would say solution finish is very good.

Dlux will darken and last over 12 months. It did 18 months on wheels alone and a year even on a wing I trialled it on!

Doing big bumpers, side skirts and wheel arches as well as honeycomb grilles? Don't see the issue there

Yes I use dlux a lot on wheels etc, more recently I've been using cquartz instead, and yes dlux lasts on wheels well but that's just beading and sheeting. The darkening effect of SF is far superior in durability to ceramics in my testing

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

I agree with Dave.

The first option (Valet Pro) in my experience is thicker, and clings longer. Giving you more opertunity to clean the wheels/go round the badges and trim.

The second option (AF) doesn't foam as well, or cling for as long (in my experience) - However I find it excells in cleaning ability.

Depends what you're after!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
DB133496-3AF5-4280-975D-6ABFB6B84D06_zpscx3wdywj.jpg

AE076081-66AA-4B2D-B11B-C91FA8D22971_zpsm8ck1cyw.jpg

92634016-6C9B-4FF3-B56E-EB54294F3697_zpsvzfjwloc.jpg

38607201-354F-40E4-936D-D74734928524_zpsx2mwlecb.jpg

£15 for a small bottle but that's done 3 full cars trims and still over half left

Unlike c4 where 15ml will do 2 at a push and not restore anywhere near as well :smile:

After reading your review I purchased a large bottle off SF which arrived yesterday.

Applied with foam surgical swabs to the badly faded scuttle panel on my beemer and it came up really nice!

Really decent product this.

I shall report back on durability :up:

Clio 1.2
Hey all, Looking for some recommendation on some decent stuff for cleaning my car, don't have access to a pressure washer so will all be done by hand, so looking at shampoo, something decent for the trim, and for the glass, plus anything else you suggest, for a halfway decent finish on a fairly tight budget

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Hey all, Looking for some recommendation on some decent stuff for cleaning my car, don't have access to a pressure washer so will all be done by hand, so looking at shampoo, something decent for the trim, and for the glass, plus anything else you suggest, for a halfway decent finish on a fairly tight budget

If I was you mate I'd go straight for for the carpro range. It's a little more expensive than the usual Halfords s**t but its well worth spending a little extra.

Firstly get get 2 buckets with grit guards off eBay or similar then hit the carpro website and pick up some IronX, TarX, reset shampoo, merino wash mitt and some reload sealant. Then you can add other bits to that a you go along .

Don't forget there's a CS discount code for carpro :up:

Clio 172
After reading your review I purchased a large bottle off SF which arrived yesterday.

Applied with foam surgical swabs to the badly faded scuttle panel on my beemer and it came up really nice!

Really decent product this.

I shall report back on durability :up:

Awesome :)

Depending on your prep you should see a long time from it

My old car was going 6 months strong but that's gone now so csnt report how it's doing lol

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
This Aston I'm working on is a mess! Done 12 hours on Saturday night and called it a night as i was knackered. Got to continue it tonight.

65f4f1fea671fe23af2de203272b3333.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I've used it a couple of times. It is easy to apply/remove and water behavior is OKAY. I put it on the Clio last summer and its still going strong but the car has barely moved

I know I've only just applied it but it repeals water at a ridiculously low speed. Will have to see how long it lasts...

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I need a finishing pad to use with Nano Glaze. What should I order? Menzerna?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
G101 is one of the best and great dilution. If you want out the bottle use Bilthamber.

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Been a long old time since I properly washed a car what with the other half living on a farm and me owning sheds for the last few years, so kinda forgotten the exact routine.

When the time comes to wash the Clio, I think it's along the lines of:
Wash with whatever shampoo I've got - think it's Meguiar's Hyperwash.
Clay bar it
Then this is the bit I'm unsure of what I used to do. I think it was:
Apply SRP and buff off.
Apply Werkstat Acrylic Prime that I've got kicking about still.
Finish off with Autoglym Extra Gloss Polish.
Sound about right?

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for that, never heard of them before. Suppose things have moved on since I last cleaned a car haha!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Anyone used Bilt Hamber Autofoam? I've finally run out of my Magifoam which I bought years ago so was probably past its best and need something new.

Looking on DW, it seems pretty the Bilt Hamber foam seems to be really good for the money!

Clio 172
Anyone used Bilt Hamber Autofoam? I've finally run out of my Magifoam which I bought years ago so was probably past its best and need something new.

Looking on DW, it seems pretty the Bilt Hamber foam seems to be really good for the money!

Yup

It's not the foamiest but by far the best cleaner money can buy :)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yup

It's not the foamiest but by far the best cleaner money can buy :smile:

That's pretty much exactly what I've read from loads of posts on DW. Don't really care whether it foams or what it looks like, as long as it does it's job of cleaning well :smile:

Clio 172
That's pretty much exactly what I've read from loads of posts on DW. Don't really care whether it foams or what it looks like, as long as it does it's job of cleaning well :smile:
Then that's your best bet :)

To make it even more Eco buy a pressure sprayer from wilkinsons :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Best for degreasing is britemax grime out

For interior or not too bad jobs i use auto finesse verso when its at a silly price or Bilt hamber surfex, depending which I can pick up cheaper

Looks good I'll get some.
Makes sense to get the big bottle of it!!!