ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You'll notice I ignore any mention of it?

Lets just get one thing straight. A wax can be overtaken in the durability by a £10 hybrid/sealant. Which means a wax is not about performance in that department really.

It has to have a niche. Some exclusivity. Some heritage or at least a hope of being cult (Lusso).

You can't just jump in the ring with Ali because you think you can box. You need something inside, it can even be a bad thing like old school Glasur gassing, but at least it's true, it's honest.

You need to look outside the box these days imo. What's with the obsession waxes? People raving about them aswell. Average pots and hardly re-designing the wheel. Illustrating my point.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
will be tesing obsession waxes tomorrow, if their sh"ite i will post my findings. has anyone used the bouncers done and dusted and the new serious performance detailer,ordering 1 just wondered peoples thoughts on the teo.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
See my earlier image mate. I will be testing both. I think both will be fantastic but it'll probably come down to personal preference.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Finally someone has said it.. How people have even gone to the lengths of ordering Fusso from overseas because they didn't want to wait for it.

Grinds my gears.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Finally someone has said it.. How people have even gone to the lengths of ordering Fusso from overseas because they didn't want to wait for it.

Grinds my gears.
I have to bit my tongue at times.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The A3 got a clay, some black hole and gtechniq sealant..
15919322711_69b3db0362_h.jpg
IMG_20141130_134434 by tomwh1te, on Flickr
Or with a bit of sun.
15299041394_711aebf87d_h.jpg
IMG_20141130_143907 by tomwh1te, on Flickr
15733820308_a7a22fe4c5_h.jpg
IMG_20141130_143924 by tomwh1te, on Flickr
15301783023_fccb786dc4_h.jpg
IMG_20141130_143933 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

Still desperately needs a machine polish. :(

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate.. Nice work!

We will sort it in the Spring.
Def needs some Lawro love in spring. Need to get some dings taken out of it first too. 😞

Oh and I also used my new AF leather cleaner and Balm on the leather. Was quite shocking what came out of what looked to be "clean" leather.

15300113684_68def8bb2f_h.jpg
IMG_20141201_121937 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Looking for a good protection so I can barely wash my car over the winter. Shine isn't too concerning but it'd be a bonus. Been looking at FK1000P as it seems to be very durable? Any other thoughts? Cars a Sapphire Black Astra.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looking for a good protection so I can barely wash my car over the winter. Shine isn't too concerning but it'd be a bonus. Been looking at FK1000P as it seems to be very durable? Any other thoughts? Cars a Sapphire Black Astra.

What's your budget mate?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Yeah, Coby wanted some also. Going to trial it some more. Even over corrected paint it left a super slick finish like Amigo.

I will have to give it a bash.. Haven't tired anything from 50cal yet other than their snowfoam.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not a fan of the presentation of the waxes etc but I tried the glaze and loved it. Especially compared with any blackhole etc. Mostly for my aunt's car and dad's etc. Quick hand glaze/cleanse and a spray sealant.

I machine anything else.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Keep the layers super thin and don't leave it on there too long, but shouldn't bee too bad in this environment. It's very durable and looks good.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
i want to try some Koch Chemie products. Reviews are suberb

Lawro have you tried Polishangel products yet?

Not yet mate.. I will get round to them I am sure! I have spent over £600 this month as it is! Just bought a Flex from Polished Bliss and the mrs will do her nut when she finds out. Haha!

How you finding the polishedangel bits?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Cover up glaze is lovely
Ive got a 100ml sample of the foam which ive yet to try

Any good?

I found it very similar to Avalanche although it does seem slightly thicker during application.

My personal favourite is G-Techniq W4 at the moment, but they are all much of a muchness really snowfoams I think.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not yet mate.. I will get round to them I am sure! I have spent over £600 this month as it is! Just bought a Flex from Polished Bliss and the mrs will do her nut when she finds out. Haha!

How you finding the polishedangel bits?
Which flex dude? Nice to see you posting again!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Which flex dude? Nice to see you posting again!

Thanks man!

I went for the 3401VRG DA in the end. Was a toss up between the Flex and Rupes Bigfoot but I generally preferred the feel of the Flex when I used them both back to back earlier in the year. I guess with most things these days it's personal preference.

Polished Bliss are doing a lucky dip at the moment so looking forward to seeing what I get included with my order! :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Can't wait to use this!

Lovely wax, ideal for this time of year and was a bargain on Amazon! I see the price has gone up slightly since ordering.. As Dave said, don't over apply as it can be a pain to remove once it's cured.

Let us know how you get on!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Is a flash magic eraser ok for leather seats? I used one on my steering wheel with great success but would it be ok for my seats to remove any shine before cleaning and balm?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Is a flash magic eraser ok for leather seats? I used one on my steering wheel with great success but would it be ok for my seats to remove any shine before cleaning and balm?

I heard it was meant to be a secret tip that wiorked really well. You don't need to use balm on leather. Research it. Clean only. Leather doesn't require "treatment" or any "milks"

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I heard it was meant to be a secret tip that wiorked really well. You don't need to use balm on leather. Research it. Clean only. Leather doesn't require "treatment" or any "milks"
Ok mate, ta. I'll give it a go. As I say, worked great on the wheel! I only use the conditioner as it came free with my order.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=351785

I'm a firm believer in the use of pre wax cleansers and their versatility. But is it only me that thinks he's not washing the car properly and thoroughly if he's removing this much grime from the paint with a cleanser?

Those pads are filthy!! I can't see he has decontaminated correctly if it's removing that much grime from the paint.. It looks like too much pressure has been applied too looking at those 2 pads on the left!

I can't say I have had any pads looking that filthy after using a cleanser.