ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Mini JCW
Bloody manager at work opened his door into my new (to me) Z4 this morning and denied it - fuming :(

Been an expensive week as had to resupply on a few bits ...

- OptiCoat 2.0
- Sonus Der Wunder towels x 4
- Valet Pro Citrus degreaser
- Meguiars MF cutting compound
- Meguairs small MF cutting pads
- Meguiars large MF cutting pads
- CarChem cocounut shampoo 5L
- CarChem cola shampoo 1L
- Carchem concentrated screen wash
- Carchem Antifog
- Gtechniq W2
- Gtechniq I1
- Gtechniq G1
- 1 litre IPA
- Aerospace 303
- Iron X 1L
- Bottles and sprayers

Also need a clay cloth and 5L of Sonax BSD still.

9ugu5aqy.jpg

Order came from cleanyourcar today
Well happy

What like your the dodo juice finger applicators? Only bought as it was a couple of pound

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
has anyone used black holes show glaze, what is your opinion of it?

Yes. Have a look for my Volvo C70 thread. I used the pb BH on that by hand and really like it. Also used it yesterday on an Audi A6 AllRoad, it even worked wonders on the satin finish roof and bumpers!! Very impressed with it overall!! And it smells nice too lol

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Z8... Apply over a wax? Spray on wipe off? Or Spray on applicator wipe on then buff?

Last edited:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Z8 is utterly brilliant. Application can be fussy if you do it wrong but totally idiot proof if you do it right, which is easy. My method is:

Spray on and spread with short pile MF.
Wait about 10secs, buff off with medium pile MF.
After a couple of panels there should be enough on the MF to only apply a tiny amout here and there, like many products it doesn't need much.

I keep a pair of these just for Z6/Z8 http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/poorboys-deluxe-mega-towel-cat24.html
Cold weather can make it a little streaky but not an issue right now. Get it! Uber-bling.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
150 ish to spend on my first machine. Was thinking about making the number a little bigger and getting a kit off cyc, poss the das6pro?? Opinions and feedback please? This will be my first machine!! I do have someone who used to work for Kelly at KDS to show/teach me yo use it...

Das6 pro is a great machine. Over on dw there's an ongoing group buy and the machine is £99 I believe. If I was in your position I'd get the machine using the dw code then get two chemical guys hex pads and two 250ml bottles of menzerna polish. This is all you will really need and you'll have change from £150. A few spot pads can make life easier but not essential.

I bought a kit from cyc a few years ago and it's brilliant but I've ended up with a heavy cutting pad and a bottle of menz polish that I'll probably never use.

I'd defiantly recommend the das6 pro tho. I always enjoy using mine and have got great results.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Das6 pro is a great machine. Over on dw there's an ongoing group buy and the machine is £99 I believe. If I was in your position I'd get the machine using the dw code then get two chemical guys hex pads and two 250ml bottles of menzerna polish. This is all you will really need and you'll have change from £150. A few spot pads can make life easier but not essential.

I bought a kit from cyc a few years ago and it's brilliant but I've ended up with a heavy cutting pad and a bottle of menz polish that I'll probably never use.

I'd defiantly recommend the das6 pro tho. I always enjoy using mine and have got great results.

That's the kind of reply I wanted :) thank you

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Basically what I've just done, looking forward to getting stuck in! Got my little haul from CYC today, including the purple monster drying towel - very nice & soft. Just waiting now for my PO203s to arrive which should keep me going for a little while.

IMG_20140605_184446.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Medium paint? White is fine mate. Check some on my threads.

203s on White will correct Ford paint well if used correctly.

Orange is for hard paint. Renault style, vag, merc, bmw etc.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
150 ish to spend on my first machine. Was thinking about making the number a little bigger and getting a kit off cyc, poss the das6pro?? Opinions and feedback please? This will be my first machine!! I do have someone who used to work for Kelly at KDS to show/teach me yo use it...
Scrooge gally either of you able to offer some advise on this also? Looking for best bang for buck, without being a tight ass if that makes sense?
Can either of you advise why people opt for Menz over most other polishes also?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Scrooge gally either of you able to offer some advise on this also? Looking for best bang for buck, without being a tight ass if that makes sense?

They just perform really well. They spread and work in an oily fashion and finish without (comparatively) dust.

Also, some of the medium cut polishes (eg 203s) diminish finely enough to use as a single stage correction in most cases.
Despite the bizarre old numbering system they're great.

Fiesta ST3
Medium paint? White is fine mate. Check some on my threads.

203s on White will correct Ford paint well if used correctly.

Orange is for hard paint. Renault style, vag, merc, bmw etc.

thanks. Sorry not for ford but in general, my wife has a pug 206 that I wanna try correcting

according to here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=284956

For medium paint I need orange, black and white

also what menz polishes do I need to be covered for the job?

thanks. Sorry not for ford but in general, my wife has a pug 206 that I wanna try correcting

according to here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=284956

For medium paint I need orange, black and white

also what menz polishes do I need to be covered for the job?

I would go orange, green and black.

As for Menz, these two:

http://www.shopnshine.co.uk/menzerna-power-finish-pf2400-po203s-250ml
http://www.shopnshine.co.uk/menzerna-super-finish-sf4500-po85rd-250ml

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Das-6 pro mate with hexlogic pads and some menz. They're user friendly and work so well. Practice is key!

Mini JCW
Ordered the wrong pads from PB - got the Meguiars micro fibre finishing discs instead if cutting discs. Ffs!

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
No big black hex pads on cyc... Alternative???

Edit: I was going to go for black orange and blue. But there's no black available...

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Fare play, I was getting the blue for glaze, any suggestion for a third for me? The main car being done will be VAG, or practise on the 172 shell...

I use the blue pad for glazes and pre wax cleaners. It's absolutely perfect for this.

White could be a good shout as it will give a bit more bite when using a pre wax cleaners to nip any light swirls or wash marring. You could also use the white pad for refining with something like menz 106fa

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
I was going for the sf4500 and pf2300. Wanted the 2500 but again it's out of stock, and I'm an impatient fucker...