ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Right CarPro have confirmed a group buy for their 100ml Hydro2 at £10 inc delivery, saving £5 over retail!! A great chance to get your hands on some brilliant product imo. I'll set up a dedicated thread once we have payment details next week. I just wanted to get the word out so people knew it was coming up!

Nice one dude :) I may have a few :eek:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Car pro wash mitt is still my favourite atm

I haven't yet used one of those new fancy sponges though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The microfibre madness wash mitt or sponge are very good imo

Ant, any limit to what else we can order from Carpro at the same time?

As regards to application for the nanolex washcoat, it can be either by hand, pump sprayer or foam lance. Chose the lance as I can conserve how much I used as I wanted to coat 2 cars

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
The microfibre madness wash mitt or sponge are very good imo

Ant, any limit to what else we can order from Carpro at the same time?

As regards to application for the nanolex washcoat, it can be either by hand, pump sprayer or foam lance. Chose the lance as I can conserve how much I used as I wanted to coat 2 cars

Dave, been meaning to ask you something. The other night at the pub, you said ou use the Iron X Shampoo, habe ou ever used this as a foam through a lance? I'm tempted to give it a bash, I could deal with the smell, but would be very angry at myself if I buggered my lance somehow.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Today I broke out my new hexlogic pads and Menz 2500 (cheers Scrooge I'm very impressed!)

Whats best to wash the pad out with? I want to take care of these new ones.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Today I broke out my new hexlogic pads and Menz 2500 (cheers Scrooge I'm very impressed!)

I used the exact same yesterday (203s and white hex). Thy worked brilliantly!

vebame9a.jpg

Right CarPro have confirmed a group buy for their 100ml Hydro2 at £10 inc delivery, saving £5 over retail!! A great chance to get your hands on some brilliant product imo. I'll set up a dedicated thread once we have payment details next week. I just wanted to get the word out so people knew it was coming up!

The legend strikes again. Any limit to number/number of items bought?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
2500 and a white pad for me.

I was most impressed with how little product you use! I did a whole C class today including some wet sanding and I barely made an impact on the full bottle.

Fantastic stuff. Next to no dust either!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Soapy water Danielsan. Good combo that. When are you The Uniting again pal?

So a splash of fairy liquid in a bucket of warm water? I'm on it like a wet sanded bonnet.

(The bit in bold, I have no idea what in the blue fcuk that means?? Is it aimed at someone else?? lol)

So a splash of fairy liquid in a bucket of warm water? I'm on it like a wet sanded bonnet.

(The bit in bold, I have no idea what in the blue fcuk that means?? Is it aimed at someone else?? lol)

Lol, sounds like some sort of... I don't know what!

I mean are you able to join us at a unit meet soon at all?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lol, sounds like some sort of... I don't know what!

I mean are you able to join us at a unit meet soon at all?

Yes hopefully mate. Work has gone a lot quieter now so it should give me some free time. Either that or I will be so quiet at work I won't be able to afford the fuel! lol.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I can't wait to actually use my DA with Hex pads and Menz polishes.... If I'm honest I'm a little scared to do it :eek:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Today I broke out my new hexlogic pads and Menz 2500 (cheers @Scrooge I'm very impressed!)

Can't really go wrong with that combo mate, glad you got along with it :)
Yellow Dave

I'll ask the question, i'm sure he won't object to adding more to your order

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I can't wait to actually use my DA with Hex pads and Menz polishes.... If I'm honest I'm a little scared to do it :eek:

Seriously dude the worst you'll do marr the paint or add a couple of buffer trails, you'll be fine :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
It's covered in so many I wouldn't even notice some extras.

Getting a few days where I know it won't rain is my main issue, Got access to a large garage but then lighting becomes an issue... Will speak with the Gf's Father and see what I can do.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is 2500 203s Ant? I take no notice of the new names!

Washing up liquid is best Dan, just use your fingers to work the soap in and then rinse with warm water.

Mini JCW
Tempted to try out some AF stuff while it's 3 for 2 - specifically the 5l bottles.

Never used AF products before (a big fan of Auto Smart products for value).

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
5l of any AF product will last ages, CP and Avalanche are the only things I could see me ever getting through in 5 litre form, I like trying different stuff too much to commit to buying that much if 1 product.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
While you are online Kev/Ant... Mazda paint, Hard/Medium/Soft?

Once I've got some practice the Gf's brother will want his RX8 given some proper attention.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm yet to find a paint it isn't impressive on, going over it with 4000 after is even more amazing.

If you have time, it's ine of my favourite stages, especially on Silvers like Titanium.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. Like butter. Subaru is just infront of Aston Martin for the softest paint imo. Mazda is below Ford which is medium.

I posted something on DW years ago about Mazda paint after issues at work. I'd live to find the post again.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Might pass on that then, Rejuvenate can be applied to do a little hiding then, It's a driveway queen anyway so paintwork isn't too bad.

Mini JCW
5l of any AF product will last ages, CP and Avalanche are the only things I could see me ever getting through in 5 litre form, I like trying different stuff too much to commit to buying that much if 1 product.

Once I find a product I like, I tend to stick to it.

One range i've never been impressed with is Dodo Juices. Though you tend to notice the fads come and go, especially on DW, Dodo Juice one year, Zaino the next, Auto Finesse the next etc.

Re: Correction - Hexalogic pads + Menzerna polish has always been a winning combo for me, just for some reason correction takes me AGES (DAS6-PRO machine).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Once I find a product I like, I tend to stick to it.

One range i've never been impressed with is Dodo Juices. Though you tend to notice the fads come and go, especially on DW, Dodo Juice one year, Zaino the next, Auto Finesse the next etc.

Re: Correction - Hexalogic pads + Menzerna polish has always been a winning combo for me, just for some reason correction takes me AGES (DAS6-PRO machine).

Check out Junkman technique. It's on YT. :)

Oh and Zaino has never been out of fashion. Sadly newbies come and see shiny bottles and buy them up. Older posters post less but still use the original products.

Most of my product arsenal is still centred around original detailing stuff when I started.

Mini JCW
Check out Junkman technique. It's on YT. :)

Oh and Zaino has never been out of fashion. Sadly newbies come and see shiny bottles and buy them up. Older posters post less but still use the original products.

Most of my product arsenal is still centred around original detailing stuff when I started.

Strangely I bookmarked his videos to watch over the weekend.

As the R26 is going in for a back end respray anyway, i'll hold off on correction for a little while.

Agreed - Hyperwash being my mainstay shampoo and Z16 my go to tyre gloss, never found a Zaino product I don't like, and as I say I honestly think AS products to be underrated.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Even if you were using it with the rejuv it'll add a bit of filling with the clay in it.