ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailer Southampton area

I've had a search but the most relevant post I found was from 2008.

Due to previous owners (and probably my own...) bad washing technique my paintwork is getting pretty unbearable. I'm in need of someone that can get rid of these dam swirl marks!

I'm looking for an 'enthusiast' that'll do it for a dam sight cheaper than a professional...

Cheers.

For what you are looking for, I would suggest looking over on Detailing World. They will have a decent idea of locals.

There has been talk of a trip down from myself and a few other detailers, as there does seem to be a massive demand in the South, with very few detailers making the most of the business down there!

How bad is the paint work? Any pictures?

Great, thanks for the info. I'll pm Ady i think.

JD paintwork is bad in my eyes, really noticeable in sunlight. Just tried to take a picture but as the car is a bit dirty and it's cloudy here its's hard to really capture it. I'm gonna give the car a quick clean in a bit (more swirls no doubt lol) and if the sun comes out i'll take a picture. It'd be great if you could give me your opinion on the severity... whether i could maybe do it with some scratch x and elbow grease or whether machine polish is required.

Cheers

Scratch X is funny stuff - some swear by it for big scratches. I guess personally I would rather machine polish as I know I am correcting it, rather than hoping.

Get some pictures up and we'll come back to the topic.

M140i
Thanks for thinking of me fo this but I no longer do detailing as a business, was a lot
of time and effort or very little reward. I really must shut the website down lol. Thanks for the pms though :)