ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailed my Mum's car.....AF Rejuvenate - WOW!

I'll be doing a lot of cycling shortly, so today was just chilling at home....cleaning my Mum's car.....as you do! The paintwork is a right state, the previous owner must have used a scouring pad to clean it! But anywho....I didn't want to do a massive correction detail as it would take ages, so I thought I'd see what AF's Rejuvenate could do with a DA, as I know it has a bit of cut in it.

Here's what I was faced with:

DSCF0453web_zps46c157ca.jpg

DSCF0452web_zpse1aef4df.jpg

DSCF0450web_zpsafa7590b.jpg

DSCF0449web_zps566d30db.jpg

So after a normal wash outside, once it was dried an put in the garage....this was the challenge....

DSCF0456web_zps587cc551.jpg

So then it was time for my first go with Rejuvenate:

DSCF0459web_zps0650b3b5.jpg

I'll let the 50:50 shot do the talking!

DSCF0461web_zps4169ab69.jpg

So before:

DSCF0462web_zpsc6eea272.jpg

After:

DSCF0463web_zpsfc775ace.jpg

Another panel before:

DSCF0464web_zps5e71b3b3.jpg

After:

DSCF0465web_zpsc97ead0c.jpg

Another before:

DSCF0466web_zps411f1e4d.jpg

After:

DSCF0467web_zpsddb839eb.jpg

The one side done...

DSCF0470web_zpsca5d888d.jpg

Then it was time for some AF Tripple.....partly because I hadn't used it before...but mainly as this is only my Mums car, I couldn't be assed doing a full wax or sealant layer...so this was a VERY quick but effective alternative.

DSCF0475web_zps6e1fdd4b.jpg

I applied some AG Bumper Care, as I didn't want to use up my Gtechniq C4!

DSCF0474web_zpsd9e6ac71.jpg

Tripple buffed off....nice and shiny!

DSCF0477web_zps30ef0b13.jpg

And the result....unfortunately the sun went in as I finished....but it did look damn good in the sun I have to say!

DSCF0484web_zps9919c721.jpg

DSCF0483web_zps13914972.jpg

DSCF0482web_zpsbd528a2f.jpg

DSCF0481web_zpsd2684bfe.jpg

NOTE: I know there are still quite a few marks in the after shots, but those are mega deep, and proper scratches....not just the average swirl marks. I wasn't really bothered about getting those out, just most of the major ones, which I think you'll agree...Rejuvenate did a great job of doing. I really didn't think it was have that much cut to be honest.
Also, in the fiddly parts, I just switched to a pad and applied by hand and STILL got great results. So you really don't need a DA to get good results from this at all.

So Rejuvenate and Trippple a really effective and pretty quick duo in my book. Cheers AF!

R56 JCW
Good work fella.

Although, it is a 51 plate Fiesta, I bet it's still rewarding when seeing these results. :approve:

Yeh that's exactly why I didn't want to spend days on it.

Also, as my Mum takes the dog for a walk everyday, most days it looks like she's entered the Welsh WRC stage it's that dirty!

SHe hasn't got back from work, but she better bloody be that's for sure! ;)

Some sun at last!

DSCF0487web_zpsc6fa9325.jpg

DSCF0488web_zpsbf6c7c40.jpg

Yep, well impressed with AF. But mostly because it was just so easy.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely Job dan. What pad did you go for?

Really nice finish.

The Meg needs some tyre gel. ;)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Thats probably the cleanest festa of that age around!

Good job!

Nice work, Rejuvenate is a cracking product for enhancements jobs, paired with a polishing pad it can do quite a bit and finish down really well too.

Thanks for sharing and Im glad your happy with the products.

James B

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Rejuvenate via DA pulls out a lot of dirt from the paint with a softer pad, but that's some impressive results.

For jobs like that, its handy to have something like tough coat available. Takes minutes to apply and remove and works great with the products youve used already

Inferno 225 cup
I've got a bottle of This that I've never even bothered using, think I will now.

Cracking results dan, bet your mothers is well pleased.