ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailed LY 182

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I spent the day yesterday fitting a set of Spax coil overs to our 182 with cup suspension ;) and sorted a few other little issues while I was at it like a non working handbrake. After getting it all done I thought given the weather it would be a shame not to give it a good clean and get some pics up. Thought I'd throw a few in of the coily's too which are the RSX type and I'm still messing with the height & damper settings to get it just soo.

Enjoy
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

get it slammmmmmmmed ;)

looks well hun, have to see her properly when im back. and go out today and buy some silver indicator bulbs ffs!

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I've gone for middle of the range on the height for now, just wantted to get it all together so I could see what it was like. I need to get the tracking sorted aswell, its definately made a difference to the handling mate, you wait till you get in it :)

Oh and STFU on the bulbs ;)

Amie's old car. Mint.

totally different beast now tbh. im surprised the pics actually do the car no justice :)

rich you counteracted the lightness in the back?

first thing i need to play with when TDK goes coilovered...

why not take it to matt for some balencing? or u in a 'i can do anything' mood?

handled amazing in the first place.. god knows what its like now

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
you counteracted the lightness in the back?

first thing i need to play with when TDK goes coilovered...

why not take it to matt for some balencing? or u in a 'i can do anything' mood?

handled amazing in the first place.. god knows what its like now

Official Mechanic is always on hand for TDK coilovers ;)
and you know me I'm always in a 'i can do anything' mood. I may get our Matt to have a look though. The rear is a little light for them I gotta get the balance right of weight and hardness of the shocks, the rear is too hard at the minute and bounces a little when your giving it some

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
im in love with LY

I know what you mean, we've owned both Clio's for nearly 2 years and I still find myself just staring at it sometimes :eek:

Where were the coilovers from? Looking for some for my 182ff. Would be good to know how they are?
I brought them from a company called Corby Motorsports, they were the cheapest for the Spax, plus the bloke was really helpful. Do you have the cup suspension though?

Thanks for the comments peeps :)

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Yer i have cup suspension, thats what you had right?

Yeah it had the Cup suspension, the Spax wont fit straight it, I've had to "adjust" the front shocks slightly to allow fitting. There aren't many people that do them for the cupped 182 :(

Oh and the jack and axle stands wheren't brought for their colour, honest:eek:

Thanks for all the comments guys

Swift Sport
Looking good mate, as always!

Good to see you working on your own car for a change, instead of Naiths! ;)

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Looking good mate, as always!

Good to see you working on your own car for a change, instead of Naiths! ;)

I know, it felt weird working on a Clio for a change, plus it all went together pretty well rather than it being a complete s**t;)

koi

Audi S1
Yeah it had the Cup suspension, the Spax wont fit straight it, I've had to "adjust" the front shocks slightly to allow fitting. There aren't many people that do them for the cupped 182 :(

Oh and the jack and axle stands wheren't brought for their colour, honest:eek:

Thanks for all the comments guys

Lovely looking car

How did you adjust them to fit? Drill your own holes?

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Lovely looking car

How did you adjust them to fit? Drill your own holes?
with a little bit of CNC machining of the backets, I will be posting a progress thread on the car in the next few days so should be able to see:)