ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Its just a learnt skill, I'm definitely not great (or good!) at it but get the job done.
I'll give it a go...

Just realised that on top of the Black Spindle daily, this week in CoO the Tier 3 boss is the one I need to get the last Calcified Fragment. This week has potential, thankfully I only have tomorrow at work left!

GTD, Lupo
I managed to pick up my chaperone today and I'm loving it. It's a bit of a niche weapon but I love shotguns in pvp.

Also managed to get black spindle for a mate on his account whilst he is away for Christmas. This is only his second week of playing but he is doing good.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
No Black Spindle for me still, that mission continues to mess with my head!

Things I'd like to get done this week:

2 x WP challenges (plus the rest of the raid!)
Balwur (Tier 3 CoO, need it for the last Calcified Fragment)
32 PoE - for Flawless Raider achievement

Mito Sportiva 135
Hey mate sorry about last night it was one of the few times where we had too many people - think we had 9 or 10 in the end. Will try and get you a spot for later or whenever it is we do it next.
We did oryx using the challenge mode method - a guy in our clan hadn't done it on hard so we felt we should help him but we got to the last round and he didn't know to detonate his orbs (we didn't realise he hadn't gone). So we did a fifth round and he still didn't go (or say he didn't understand) and then he enraged. Pretty annoying!
Mark - I'll help you on COO tonight if you're about. We probably need one more to help but should be able to find someone.

GTD, Lupo
I managed all 3 raids last night bar 1 oryx cp. im starting to get sick of the game again. Might have a night or two off.

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha. Yeah now there is challenge mode, doing the other bits where there is no guaranteed drops is pretty bloody annoying. We did twice through inc oryx but killed him challenge mode method for practice.
I did get a 316 pulse with firefly which was good. i had the normal pulse with firefly which was up to 319 and the harrowed without firefly at 320 - so I decided to infuse the new 316 one up to 320 and still have the 319 one to do something with. My malice is 318 so wasn't worth burning on that for just 1 point - but I do want it at 320.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Hey mate sorry about last night it was one of the few times where we had too many people - think we had 9 or 10 in the end. Will try and get you a spot for later or whenever it is we do it next.
We did oryx using the challenge mode method - a guy in our clan hadn't done it on hard so we felt we should help him but we got to the last round and he didn't know to detonate his orbs (we didn't realise he hadn't gone). So we did a fifth round and he still didn't go (or say he didn't understand) and then he enraged. Pretty annoying!
Mark - I'll help you on COO tonight if you're about. We probably need one more to help but should be able to find someone.
Glad you managed to get through it another time. One was enough for me last night! I will be on this evening, although not for the next few days I should imagine. So might do a quick LFG for the raid before you guys get on (I'll be online from 6/7pm)

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah the second one took a lot longer for some reason. Best kept dying to the shade (it was getting a bit heated!) and Marner didn't detonate orbs. Overall though feel pretty confident with the new oryx strategy and now hopefully we've got a big enough team to smash through it next time it's on rotation.
I'm working from home today but it's quite quiet so considering doing a sneaky gym session this afternoon so I can get the final one done tonight.

Sorry again about not having more time for the black spindle, it's well worth getting so will help you next time it's on rotation. The strategy I tried to do with you is definitely the easiest if you pull it off, the boss just wasn't coming near enough to the bubbles to begin with and then Terry died and his shield went.

I'm hoping to get another heavy from the challenge tonight so I can upgrade my sleeper simulant to 320 - currently at 318.
Also hoping for a 320 ghost but don't think that's ever going to drop for me.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the second one took a lot longer for some reason. Best kept dying to the shade (it was getting a bit heated!) and Marner didn't detonate orbs. Overall though feel pretty confident with the new oryx strategy and now hopefully we've got a big enough team to smash through it next time it's on rotation.
I'm working from home today but it's quite quiet so considering doing a sneaky gym session this afternoon so I can get the final one done tonight.

Sorry again about not having more time for the black spindle, it's well worth getting so will help you next time it's on rotation. The strategy I tried to do with you is definitely the easiest if you pull it off, the boss just wasn't coming near enough to the bubbles to begin with and then Terry died and his shield went.

I'm hoping to get another heavy from the challenge tonight so I can upgrade my sleeper simulant to 320 - currently at 318.
Also hoping for a 320 ghost but don't think that's ever going to drop for me.
The real reason was because I left after the first run, it was never going to be as easy with me gone...

Don't worry about the Black Spindle - I'm quite handy with my 1000YD Stare now, it was my shooting that had Best saying "Jeez, good shot" during Totems - I like the control of it a lot. Plus it's 320...

I'm on tonight so if there's a spot to raid, count me in. I should probably use the Clan page on bungie.net more as I assume that's where you guys plan raids etc?

Mito Sportiva 135
You would think so but no! We have a whatsapp group I can add you in or Best just messages me for some reason. Usually we have spaces but since oryx challenge more of the old clan have come back...we have been playing together since Vault of Glass, although some people are definitely more committed and more skilled than others. It's more about playing with the same people though regularly which gets you through the raids as on LFG it's often time consuming just getting people to communicate.
100yd stare is good but I love Black Spindle. For war priest and golgoroth it's a beast! I don't use it much outside the raid though

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
You would think so but no! We have a whatsapp group I can add you in or Best just messages me for some reason. Usually we have spaces but since oryx challenge more of the old clan have come back...we have been playing together since Vault of Glass, although some people are definitely more committed and more skilled than others. It's more about playing with the same people though regularly which gets you through the raids as on LFG it's often time consuming just getting people to communicate.
100yd stare is good but I love Black Spindle. For war priest and golgoroth it's a beast! I don't use it much outside the raid though
I know what you mean, being a skilled and committed player myself........

Yeah, add me in on the Whatsapp group, I guess I'll be able to plan a bit better as to when I can raid, or know when people need help with something!

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha sure mate! Whats your number as I'll need to add you. PM me it if you want. Same for you Terry/Paul. I must warn you, some people go seriously 'off topic'...

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So, another week, another reset.

Managed to get my 50th Calcified Fragment, I somehow managed to solo Balwur - she appeared to bug on me, and flew underneath the Court Portal where you stand, so I could kill her easily.

Failed to get Flawless, and Black Spindle, so hopefully I'll have the opportunity to get those this week. Plus some Golgoroth challenge to Boost my Titan and Hunter a bit - maybe even a cheeky 320 Oryx Helmet!

Oh, and only have a couple of quests to do to get my Exotic Solar sword too, that's been an annoying grind so far...

Mito Sportiva 135
Nice one! I thought you did the flawless raider achievement though?
I've just done some trials and SRL over xmas. Nearly got flawless but not quite, shame as I like Twilight Gap. just always using LFG for it though it can be a bit of a gamble who you will find.
I'll be on as much as poss this week, but working today, birthday tomorrow then NYE. Hopefully be on later tonight though

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one! I thought you did the flawless raider achievement though?
I've just done some trials and SRL over xmas. Nearly got flawless but not quite, shame as I like Twilight Gap. just always using LFG for it though it can be a bit of a gamble who you will find.
I'll be on as much as poss this week, but working today, birthday tomorrow then NYE. Hopefully be on later tonight though
Nah, we fucked it on the 4th wave, Best decided to use rockets at a mine that we were both dismantling :( then we did it with Highborn, and one of those two died again at the same round :(

I want to be on tonight, my mate is staying over though. But I might see if I can get him to pass out drunk so I can play...

Mito Sportiva 135
Highborn is not someone to try and complete a challenge with. He's a nice guy but smokes about 10 fat joints a day, every day - so he is unable to follow and remember commands!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Highborn is not someone to try and complete a challenge with. He's a nice guy but smokes about 10 fat joints a day, every day - so he is unable to follow and remember commands!
Thankfully it was only PoE so it didn't take too long. I still have an inkling running VoG or Crota might be a better bet to get Flawless though.

Mito Sportiva 135
That new guy in our clan got the achievement from doing POE with someone in our clan so it's doable! VOG would be really hard to do it on, so many places you can die. Even the jumping puzzles or Gorgons.

Hopefully I'll be on about 10 tonight so we can get the challenges done if nothing else - although I'd like to do totems too for the ghost

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
That new guy in our clan got the achievement from doing POE with someone in our clan so it's doable! VOG would be really hard to do it on, so many places you can die. Even the jumping puzzles or Gorgons.

Hopefully I'll be on about 10 tonight so we can get the challenges done if nothing else - although I'd like to do totems too for the ghost
Hopefully I'll be on

White APE
Never really done IB before. Why's it worth doing?

Got royally fucked over with the nightfall this week. Ran it with both characters and across the 2 I got a machine gun lower power than my current and a mote of light.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Never really done IB before. Why's it worth doing?

Got royally fucked over with the nightfall this week. Ran it with both characters and across the 2 I got a machine gun lower power than my current and a mote of light.
Why do you bother with Nightfalls? Sack doing something which is unreasonably difficult, for utterly woeful rewards.

White APE
Lol. I quite enjoy doing them actually. Have had feasible rewards in the past.

Really must get on to doing the raid.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I hate them. They seem to intentionally create modifiers that make it take so, so long. And you get nothing worthwhile for them, everything appears to be around 300, or, in other words, pointless.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I'm only really doing iron banner as something casual to do and trying to get a 320 ghost. I doubt it will happen but worth a shot.

The drops are worse and less frequent than SRL though which isn't good.

Does anyone know what the trials armour piece up for grabs this week is?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't been on in days! Other than the raid on Tuesday I haven't done anything either.

GTD, Lupo
IB is a total waste of time the drops are dreadful. I'm about 600 off lvl5. Trials is burning shrine this week which is fun. Unfortunately we only managed to go 8-0 3 times so no flawless but we were trying to carry someone through.

I'm looking at a car in the morning so that could be the end of destiny for me.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I should really consider playing a new game. The issue is that I enjoy the social aspect of the whole thing, and on top of that I love raiding. I haven't been online in a couple of days - due to New Year etc - but I'm eager to get into the new(ish)Tomb Raider game, and Battlefront.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm looking forward to The Division, Far Cry, Battlefield and Mass Effect this year.

Agreed the Iron Banner drops are awful now. Trials is fun this week. Managed 7 last night but went up a really good team who were brutal with snipers.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking forward to The Division, Far Cry, Battlefield and Mass Effect this year.

Agreed the Iron Banner drops are awful now. Trials is fun this week. Managed 7 last night but went up a really good team who were brutal with snipers.
I think The Division will be the next game I buy, and get into, particularly from an online perspective. I've stopped myself from buying Halo 5, as I want to get through some of the other games I own first - namely Halo MCC, Tomb Raider and Fallout 4...

Mito Sportiva 135
Iron banner tier 5 rewards from 2 characters - s**t sidearm, a 314 scout with awful perks which I infused and 2 310 ghosts. Such a joke

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Iron banner tier 5 rewards from 2 characters - s**t sidearm, a 314 scout with awful perks which I infused and 2 310 ghosts. Such a joke
That's dogshit mate. Doubt I'll be on before reset - I'd only be up for raiding. f**k IB or any of that s**t

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Not picked this up in weeks. Got properly bored with it, and as @MarcJP has seen, I've not been online in an age.

The rest of my crew have moved onto Halo 5 now, and I've been playing Fallout.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Not picked this up in weeks. Got properly bored with it, and as @MarcJP has seen, I've not been online in an age.

The rest of my crew have moved onto Halo 5 now, and I've been playing Fallout.
You've not really missed much mate. The raid is good fun, but if you use random people it can be a proper ball ache. The challenge modes were a real anti-climax, too.

I've stepped away a bit these past couple of weeks, moved on to Tomb Raider and Battlefront. I need to get into Fallout :(

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah even the challenges now are a bit like Prison of Elders - you know the rotation so you just turn up and grind them out. i'm getting sick of doing the same stuff over and over in the attempt to get a 320 ghost. It shouldn't take this long to get to max light.

Having said that, someone in my clan is now 317 and not even killed Oryx on hard and only done the War Priest challenge...just via SRL and Iron Banner. And he got a 320 ghost yesterday in IB too. Tw4t!

ps Mark enjoy your day off you bell

Last edited:

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So I played Destiny for all of 15 minutes yesterday, before I got bored and logged off to watch TV. It's sort of sapped my enthusiasm somewhat! I enjoy reset day as I get to knock stuff off such as the raid etc, but I'm finding it pretty boring otherwise. That may be due to stuff like IB not interesting me.

@Brand86 Day off was lovely thanks ;)