ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Level 28 now with (apart from secondary weapon) all legendary shizzle, plus one piece each of exotic armour and weaponry. I do understand some people's dislikes, frustrations and reservations, but if you persevere way beyond level 20, and the game clicks with you, it is truly immense. "Grinding" becomes a pleasure, and the rewards are plentiful.

10/10 for me.

182 Cup
Way behind everyone here, just got the game last night! Is there anywhere decent to read up on the game a bit?

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Just jump on and start playing, I'm not sure if there is much to read anywhere bar the Destiny app where you can look at your Grimoire or on Bungie.net I think.
Get your PSN i.d's added to the list a few pages back too.

182 Cup
If anyone wants to add me on PSN my username is tzymo. I'm a human Titan level 2. Lol. Only had time for an hour playtime so far!

Mito Sportiva 135
Level 28 now with (apart from secondary weapon) all legendary shizzle, plus one piece each of exotic armour and weaponry. I do understand some people's dislikes, frustrations and reservations, but if you persevere way beyond level 20, and the game clicks with you, it is truly immense. "Grinding" becomes a pleasure, and the rewards are plentiful.

10/10 for me.
I agree to an extent but apart from the raid (which is awesome) I found myself for the first time this weekend wanting something more. The farming itself is OK, and good it's not too easy, but I want more stuff to do. The daily and weekly missions are OK but would like a bit more to do now - plus the DLC is a way off still

Still, I'll be on it for a while yet - it is addictive! Nearly at the 28 mark myself now - i am a titan and have fully levelled both my subclasses, plus have all ledgendary/exotic weapons and armour

GTD, Lupo
I have just started my 3rd character. Went for a Warlock as they seem far superior in raids. My other 2 are both level 29 hunters so I get double weekly and daily rewards.

Mito Sportiva 135
How have you had time to create 3 characters?! And why two in the same class? Genuinely curious

I think you're right about warlocks on the raid though, golden gun on atheon rinses out

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Level 12 now. Friends are doing the raid at the minute whilst I watch the F1. Hoping I'll be up to a decent level soon so I can join in the fun stuff. It's always the problem when you start a game after your friends.

GTD, Lupo
When the game came out I was already taking 5 weeks leave from work and then the other week I was signed of with "hand foot and mouth" which I caught from my son. Wasn't allowed to leave the house as I was contagious but only had an ulcer on my lip. I have spent something stupid like 8 days on the game so far :/ I guess since I no longer have a car to clean I'm just using that time on the game. Might be time to put the pad down and go outside.

I have 2 hunters both are level 20 but all you have to do is swap over all the gear (level 29) and you can do the daily, nightfall and VOG twice a week and get double the rewards. I have something stupid like 65 coins and 70 odd shards.

Mito Sportiva 135
Wow - I need some of that stuff! I am still to finish a nightfall and the raid though - the latter mainly as it's so hard to get 5 other people all on at the same time.

I am hoping in future DLC there are more classes introduced a la Borderlands. I like the titans as I think they look the best, although not sure they have the best abilities

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
My best mate has just bought an XBone and we've agreed to play Destiny. So hopefully I can get into this game!

Tin Can with wheels
Really need to do the vault of glass! As said by so many people they really need match making on it! Might be on later if the wife is not watching anything on the tv

Mito Sportiva 135
Vault of glass really does require a whole evening/day dedicated to it - unless you've completed it, or people in your party has, it will take you a long time.

I spent about 5 hours getting to Atheon and another 3-4 hours trying and failing to kill him. So gutted i didnt complete it last time, although I still found a good legendary shotgun and some ascendant materials along the way

Mito Sportiva 135
What system mate? I am on One and not on until later, but if you're on the same system add me and I can join later on if there's a space available

Tom

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool. Sorry wasn't on for long last night and didn't notice if you were online - managed to get my legendary pulse rifle 1 step away from being fully upgraded on 288 damage now, so want to get that fully maxed out first if i can anyway

Mito Sportiva 135
I read that earlier. I feel a bit duped to be honest, they said Destiny 'would last 10 years' so naively I interpreted that as meaning the core game would be augmented and built on - not that it would mean several sequels

This really is rubbish as I imagine a WOW system where you could continually evolve and improve your character - apparently not.

Disappointing Bungie for essentially mis-selling this game

Tin Can with wheels
@Brand86 - feel exactly the same mate as do a lot of others. Big shame really had such potential only to fall at the first hurdle.

Was on last night only to do the daily and a few strikes will be on about 7ish tonight again. (PS4) psn name Clio_182 free free to add and join in!

Mito Sportiva 135
I just don't see the point of releasing a new game. Keep the tower and add to it - more areas to go and more NPCs (some with a personality would be nice). Then add more locations to current destinations, and more destinations later on (expanding beyond our solar system, potentially out of the galaxy eventually)

The story could be added to episodically and I'd even be willing to pay £20 for each as I'm a sucker.
The only way this announcement could be anything better than garbage is if you can port your character over like in Mass Effect. If they don't do that as a very minimum then I can't see myself buying the next one unless it's 3-5 years off.

Mito Sportiva 135
Every 2.5 years is too often I think - disappointing.
It's a good concept for a game and I'm having a lot of fun playing it, but just feels so cheap in that they're using it as an obvious cash cow.

TBH people love to moan about this stuff, but we should stop and think. If people don't make big money out of games, they won't make big games. Someone has to invest massive sums of money into these projects, and they need a return. What's the alternative? Quirky Indy games only? No thanks.

Mito Sportiva 135
Roy - I am more than happy to pay for a game, for me it's the time. After you invest 100+ hours into a game and still having fun, but then they bring out a sequel it feels like a bit of a waste. In a typical RPG I would have probably completed it and in a normal FPS I would have probably got bored, but in Destiny I bought it because it was fun to play in the demo and Bungie alluded to this giant, organically growing game which would be added to over the next few years. They didn't say there would be sequels, they said "Destiny will last 10 years" not "The Destiny franchise will last 10 years" so there is a bit of a difference.

I'll no doubt buy the sequel, but this isn't the game I thought it was or hoped it would be

Nissan 350z
If you're wanting a game that improves via expansions rather than seperate stand-alone sequels then you are playing on the wrong platform for starters. Consoles DO NOT support the expansion pack model beyond "DLC".

If this is really something you feel strongly about then you need to start playing PC games instead.

(edit) just my 2 cents, i dont even have Destiny!

Mito Sportiva 135
Sort of agree with you mate - but Bungie did allude to the game being expanded on. Expansion is basically just DLC, so there is no reason why it couldn't happen on consoles, just it doesn't seem to happen (but I thought was happening with this game)

Nissan 350z
Sort of agree with you mate - but Bungie did allude to the game being expanded on. Expansion is basically just DLC, so there is no reason why it couldn't happen on consoles, just it doesn't seem to happen (but I thought was happening with this game)

Yeah good old marketing! It's one of the reasons MMO's have been kept off consoles for so long, because they dont support the MMO tradition of expansion packs due to disk space. Its only with the current "next-gen" its been made possible (Final Fantasy on PS4) now that they all ship with HDD's.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah a few people online have said Destiny 2 will be the true game as it's like Bungie held features back as the first one straddled both gens - but as a next gen customer this seems a bit unfair

I don't know why I would want to continue with a sequel though unless there are loads of new features, not like there is a meaningful story to follow up on!

GTD, Lupo
This why i stick to PVP, less disappointment!

Hopefully bungie will take note and some of the changes might be positive...

Other than that I'm still really enjoying the game. The last game i played like this was halo 3 and it pretty much ruined my life :D

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I do hope something will be carried over at least something to show for the hours people are ploughing into the game pretty much just to reach max level.
2 1/2 years is fine with me, I hope there are more than two DLC's though!

I'll send you an invite @Clio_in_Motion_2008 next time I can jump on for more than an hour or so.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I fancy some raiding but all my mates are busy and its hard to get a team when your level 25 [emoji17]