ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dension, Where is yours?

getting one for christmas and unsure where or how to mount it, i dont fancy drilling the dashboard and ive heard a few people have used sticky stuff etc. just wondering where you's have yours and how you have attached them.
pictures would be a great help.

Regards

Chris

106 GTi
Planning the cradle free route with it hidden in the glovebox here over Xmas.

There was a post saying the cable could be routed through by the glovebox light without drilling any holes.

DC5
Ive bought my gf one for Xmas. I have got the extra dash mount, this fits to the dash somehow without the need to drill

Silver 182 F/F
When you take your stereo out the trim that holds the hazzard/heated windscreen/door lock switch will just easily pop out them i drilled a little bit of the corner off the trim to feed the cable and then the Dension cradle just screwed into the same trim,the trim cost's £15 from a dealer when you need to replace it to sell the car as undamaged.To me it makes sense because most no-drill/damage brackets cost £15 anyway and in my opinon looks a much neater job.No cable showing or brackets.
PIC2.gif

Boxster S
Excellent, I've just ordered one yesterday and have chosen that exact mounting kit so now I know where it will sit and what it will look like.

Cheers Bruce!

Neil

A4 Avant & A3
I've just run the cable into the glovebox, which has worked out perfect for me, if i want an album to listen to on the way to work i select it before plugging it in, otherwise i get along just fine with the 5 playlists you can have.

Also there was a gap in the top right hand side of my glovebox to feed the cable in. so it was all pretty easy to fit. (god knows where the rest of the kit has gone mind you, just pushed it all in followed by the stereo!... it's all in & working anyway)

106 GTi
Had a look in the glove box of the 182 in order to do this, cant see any holes other than for the catch. I guess this is because of being able to use the aircon to cool it.

Going to try and route the cable next to the glove box light as on another post I read on here.

Silver 182 F/F
All the rest of the kit can fit on top of the stereo save trying to squash it all in,by all accounts there is a lot of space above the glove box as well.

Recaro Black Gold 182
I really want to get one of these, are they that easy to install, i was looking at that website but i dont know which one i need, i've got a MK2 PH1 Clio with a pioneer P80MP IIRC.

Any help would be great.

Cheers