ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dell Axim handheld + TomTom Navigator

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&id=axim_x30_gps&l=en&s=dhshttp://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&id=axim_x30_gps&l=en&s=dhs

^^ I might be getting one of these through work and I want to now if it works exactly the same as a Tomtom Go, or are there some restrictions on what it can and cant do. In other words, am I better off spending more and getting the Go.

btw, I would probably fit more memory before anyone mentions that.

If any one can help then that would be just super.

Rick

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Personally Id go for the PDA esp. if you can get the software cheap ;), tomtom go is an expensive one trick pony. The PDA will do the sat nav and a lot more for less money.

i got a dell axim x30 (the fast one), im really impressed, i got a tomtom bluetooth ariel and got the software for free (tomtom 3)

what do you want to know about it

its better than tomtom go because it can be used for other things, it works exactly the same as "go" also, but with the pda you can add speed camera overlays etc.

i got my 512 sd card of ebay for £27

I have an X3i with tomtom and its fine, i use the pda for a lot of other things so i find it a much better option than the go unit

Another big plus with the PDA approach is that u can download addons for tomtom that way, such as snoopers, mcdonalds alerts

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Excellent, thanks for the replies fellas. It seems like this is a pretty goo deal then.

One question I do have, do you have to subscribe to any updates for these or is it simply a case of buying a new maps now and again and thats it?

cheers

Rick

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 02 January 2005
Excellent, thanks for the replies fellas. It seems like this is a pretty goo deal then.

One question I do have, do you have to subscribe to any updates for these or is it simply a case of buying a new maps now and again and thats it?

cheers

Rick

#
tomtom provide free map updates via the site...

i have tomtom2 (i got some cheap thing in a clearance) and for only $10 they will let me update to tomtom3. ive only noticed about 2 slight errors with new road amendments. One was where a roundabout became lights and the other was a junction blocked off a dual carriageway, nuffin too worrying