ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Defrost coolng system

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Hi guys.

When we had the bad snow at end of november my aux belt snapped! i have just fitted a new one today (piece of pi**, dont see what all the fuss is about doing these)

So i havent went to start the car yet as the water pump pulley will not spin ( i am guessing this is why the belt snapped in the first place) and the radiator pipes etc are all frozen solid.

I have been pouring hot, not boiling water down the radiator pipe and the expansion tank but its gonna take forever and its -3 here so all my hard work is going to waste.

Any quicker/easier ways of doing this?

PH1 iceburg
I think you are fighting a losing battle mate.

If it is frozen, and still -3 up there you will struggle to thaw it out poring warm water on it. That will freeze just as quick.

You need to park it in a heated garage.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
core plugs are still in.

Daniel im thinking the same as you now. only problem is i cant get it to a garage lol, my mates mate has a workshop with a space heater in it but dont think he will let me put the car in there as he struggles for space as it is.

The car was fine the other day when the temp was above freezing but dont know when il get another day like that lol.

need to talk to this guy nice i think.

cheers lad's