ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deep seat and seatbelt clean?

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
So my cup is getting the bodywork sorted soon and whilst it’ll look awesome on the outside, the inside will look old and tired as the silver seatbelts and seats are filthy!

My question to you detailers, what is the best way to clean said items, wet vac , steam or any other method?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Pretty sure for belts a lot just used normal washing powder/liquid and a stiff bristle brush and yeah I'd go wet vac for the seats.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
For my seat belts, I undid the nut at the bottom and pulled the belt out as much as possible and secured at the top with a peg to stop it retracting. I then put them in a bucket of hot water and Vanish. Left for a while and then I just blasted them with a jet wash. Came up like new.

Definitely go with the wet vac on the seats. Never used one myself but they seem to be the best way to clean fabric seats.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
General all purpose cleaner or fabric cleaner on the belts, work in with something like a nail brush.

Pull them all the way out and trap them in the door and pressure wash off or you could use the wet vac to extract them.