ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decontaminating car before a polish

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just wanted to get your advice before I do anything. In the past I have washed the car with something strong like fairy liquid to strip any wax and then clayed it.

This time I have got Collinite 476 on the car since autumn so intend on snowfoaming to begin with with citrus power.

I have bought some stuff which I hear a lot of poeple using:
CarPro - Iron X LS Fallout Remover 500ml
carpro-iron-ls-500ml.jpg

and Valet Pro - Citrus Tar and Glue Remover
vp-citrus-tar-glue-500ml.jpg

My car is black so its quite hard to see any tar splatter. With the above can I spray the entire car , leave for a few minutes then use a microfibre to get it off. It wont damage the paint or anything will it.
I will then wash again quickly and clay with some medium clay.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you looking to correct the car afterwards by machine ? Otherwise, I'd probably avoid the clay as it always marrs the paint... and that will show up on black..

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Are you looking to correct the car afterwards by machine ? Otherwise, I'd probably avoid the clay as it always marrs the paint... and that will show up on black..
Hi,
Yeah thats the plan, I was going to give it a full going over as it has become fairly swirled over the last year. Ive got a range of menzerna polishes of varying cut and was going to get it de swirled and gleaming again and then wax with chemical guys petes 53 paste wax.

What would you do with the 2 sprays above, do the whole car with both at the same time or one after the other?

Cayman S Edition 1
I recently purchased that Tar remover. Have to say I was extremely impressed with how quickly the stuff worked.