ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Declaring points to insurance companies

I received an SP30 a few weeks ago, my license has been sent of to the DVLA to be endorsed but one of my insurance policys is due to be renewed, its on an auto-renew anyway, do I need to declare these points, are they dated the time of the offence or will they be dated as and when they go on?

Cheers,

Alex

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You should declare them as soon as you receive them, alot of people think that if you get them at the start of a say 10 month policy, you dont need to tell them until renewal...

Not the case

330Ci Clubsport
personally I wouldnt tell them to renewal. Im not sure why you have to tell them mid policy. Do they increase the premium?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
You should tell them went you recieve the fine.

The points are dated on the day off the offence aswell.

I was thought you had to tell them on renewal..
Well im about to renew yet I still haven't had my license back with the points on..

Bumder With A Buffer
"Most" Companies are not bothred by one 3 point fine..well Greenlight wasn't when I rung up to tell them.

Nor Tesco When I was with them for that matter

tell them asap, my bro had points but didnt declare as he was waiting 1 month for renewal but he had a crash and he had to do a conference call thing between him, dvla and insurence company and then they hiked his excess up to a grand

M2 Competition
Tell them as soon as you receive them.

Ive no idea where you dont have to tell them until renewal has come from.

SLK250 CDI
I told my insurance straight away but they said that it won't affect the premium or show up on the insurance paperwork until the renewal.

Why risk it? You know insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying up should anything happen. It won't affect you money wise till you renew anyway.