ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decided to wash MrT this afternoon!

200 cup & 106 GTi
Excuse the overexposure in some/most pics.

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Looks great, but get some lowering springs/coilies on that and it'll look even better!

200 cup & 106 GTi
No way i'm messing with the suspension on it, the standard dampers cost more than a few sets of coilovers, they are valved specifically for standard springs which tbh i think are spot on for road use! This is just my daily driver!

I have a specific track car for messing about with...

Picture043.gif

185bhp, 800kg(ish), cage, R888s, uprated torsion bars, gravel spec front suspension, quaife diff etc etc. Makes a clio 182 seem very pedestrian.

No way i'm messing with the suspension on it, the standard dampers cost more than a few sets of coilovers, they are valved specifically for standard springs which tbh i think are spot on for road use! This is just my daily driver!

Picture043.gif

185bhp, 800kg(ish), cage, R888s, uprated torsion bars, gravel spec front suspension, quaife diff etc etc. Makes a clio 182 seem very pedestrian.

More pics of this one please!

Picture043.gif

More pics of this one please!

+1!!

200 cup & 106 GTi
If you must, here are some links to pics, don't wanna ruin the trophy thread with the heap lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/kneaster/VTR/Picture049.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/kneaster/VTR/Picture008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/kneaster/VTR/Picture021.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/kneaster/VTR/Picture026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/kneaster/VTR/DSCF1296.jpg

I tried to keep it looking sensible from the outside but under the skin everything has been changed. There is no stereo, there is no heater, no heated rear screen, no screen washer system, all unused wiring removed throughout loom, engine build comes to £8k and it'll happily rev to 9k rpm, a lot of parts are bespoke or very rare! Colour change and new engine spec planned for over the winter before next years track action.

Edit:

DSCF1367.jpg

I do love the seats too :)

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
WTF, people suggesting lowering springs and coilovers! Lol, amazing that people on here haven't heard of a Trophy before.

Mini Cooper S
the only thing I hate about my trophy is the back seats, they look so shite!! Even tho they have only been used twice, not the point tho lol

200 cup & 106 GTi
Warren, i was wondering lol

Agreed totally about the back seats, and the front door cards. I am going to be putting leather and alcantara rear seats in and either trimming doorcards or fitting mk2 172 alcantara ones. I have patience so will keep waiting till i find the right bits.

Family Bus
Got to love the Trophy's!

Lovely....as said tho...springs FtW (says she soon to be tractor car owner!!)

Lee

BMW M2C
WTF, people suggesting lowering springs and coilovers! Lol, amazing that people on here haven't heard of a Trophy before.

They have, they just think their mate Dave, a spanner and a set of coilovers can come up with a better setup than Jean Ragnotti. Everyone on here thinks coilovers are gods gift to suspension setup, yet have no idea about spring and damping rates, just as long as the car looks slammed. You know, because you've driven both. The Trophy really is a cut above. :approve:

All these sodding Trophy threads are actually making me start to miss 007 a bit. :( I guess it's because I've not seen my car for over a week now.

Cayman S Edition 1
Traded my 197 in today for a Megane 225 for my wife. Means I now have the Trophy permanently and I love it to bits. Only reason we bought it in the first place was because I wanted it;)

b/g 182, meg tourer
lol at all of the coilover and springs comments. why ruin a perfect setup!

nice trophy mate. vtr seems like a beast too

200 cup & 106 GTi
Haha it's weird how few people have heard of the trophy, sure most people who see my car probably think it's a chav'd up 1.2 clio or something. Doesn't bother me really, i know what the car is and that's what matters :)

Drove a 197 for 8 laps of the ring in july and quite enjoyed it, was considering a white cup as a daily driver but thought my wallet would prefer a trophy, and then there's the fact the 197 feels slower, suspension is a bit soft although probably better for road, and i broke one of the 197s so my faith in the build on them wasn't great. Maybe get an R27 next up though in a few years.

lol at the coilover comments on the trophy, however the sachs have been made precicely, for the perfect balance between a road dailY driver and track, whereas surely the top end of the range coilovers have been designed specifically for track use and so can only improve the overall handleing. After all, how many track cars do you see on stilts?:quiet:

Last edited:
  200 cup & 106 GTi
Coilovers could be better on track, possibly. BUT This is a road only car, i don't intend upon tracking it and i live in the countryside(10 miles to nearest town) and drive 50 miles on mainly B roads every day. As posted earlier in this thread i have a track car that is suitably uncomfy and not that great on the road but immense on track. Best of both worlds.