ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent Surround Sound On A Budget?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'd spend a little more and get these speakers (you can also get stands that are specifically made for them and look nice). + they don't use those cheap and nasty spring clips for the speaker wire.
http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx5.1-blk

Then I'd get the same Onkyo or similar priced amp to go with them. You'd be looking at an extra £50 or so depending on which amp you choose.

Last edited:

koi

Audi S1
Boston_Acoustics_SoundWare_XS_Digital_Cinema_Bild_Breit_2_670.jpg

BOSTON XS DIGITAL CINEMA - anyone checked this out? Looks nice and simple.

Audi A3
koi, thats the exact model i'm looking at now.

That boston system is in richer sounds for £220, seems to get great reviews.

Then theres an onkyo ls3100 but that is £300.

Panasonic sc-htb20 which is £190.

EDIT: personallu i couldnt be doing with a 5.1 system myself.

Titanium 182
Isn't that 2.1 though? It's not surround sound which is what the OP seems to want.

I've never got around to getting surround for my 50" plasma, despite having it for about two years. I just haven't found a set I've been happy with yet.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
YO,

I am poor but here's the deal.

I have an old Samsung 40" flatscreen tv which is still going strong for now.
I have an unused Samsung bd-d6500 blu ray player.

I need an amp and some speakers now. Whilst on a budget would you suggest this? Can I get speaker stands for these too? Cant find any.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts4505/onky-hts4505

Cheers.

that system if fine for a normal home setup. Provided you don't want to be playing your movies/tv stupidly loud, you will get much enjoyment form it i'm sure. As realnumber 1 says, if you do want to upgrade in the future, you would be able to better the system by buying a better set of speakers. I personally like Mission speakers. I'm not a fan of little 'cube' speakers like Bose keep pushing.

koi

Audi S1
Yeah the Boston I posted is only a 2.1, only posted it cause I have been looking for a discreet sound sytem for myself and don't fancy having running extra cables for more speakers.

Don't really trust reviews as I tried out the Cambridge Minx speakers at Richer Sounds before and wasn't impressed. Will need to see if they have the Boston system in store.

Audi A3
I picked up that Boston about 2 weeks ago.

It's a breeze to set up, richer sounds guy told me I needed to buy an optical cable as they don't come with one, but there was one in the box.

Sound is really good, great base, discreet speakers. I read the remote wasn't the best buts mines been fine.

koi

Audi S1
Picked up the Boston system from Richer Sounds for £140 yesterday, bargain for that price.

Got it synced with my remote but I don't use standby on my tv so still need to use the actual remote.

Thought my TV had an optical out but it didn't..time for an upgrade!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Your name's Eugene, you drive a plane and own an estate agents. **n-bomb** you aint poor!