ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent bucket seats?

If you are going to be using the car on track then they are a nice addition, more support and stop you sliding about when gunning round corners, however cheap ones are useless and uncomfortable. If its mainly a road car then keep the standard seats which are comfy and supportive. By the time you buy decent seats and subframes etc it can get expensive.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
As per the post two up, worth it for heavy track use. If not for track use, I'd leave the standard ones in. My seats, subframes and harnesses etc left me little to no change from £1k. You can get cheaper seats and second hand buys are usually good. I'd have got the bimarco ones, but I don't fit in them at 6 ft 4 and 'large' on the 'fat scale'. I went for Sparco Evo 3 in the end, very happy with them.

When installed they do look good, here are mine in this thread;

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?672272-Flamer-Gets-Serious-Cage-Content

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on what you're after and waist size TBH.

ATM I have a corbeau Revoution carbon Kevlar seat in my bus.

5532397425_bb7762f288.jpg
[/url]
IMG_7151 by fletcher10, on Flickr

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Some of the cheapest buckets about, and I found very comfortable on long journeys were Sparco Sprint 5's
They are about £150 a piece I think and I had 4 point OMP harness' with 3' straps for more comfort and support, at a decent price. They are quite a deep seat but at 6"2' I found them brilliant

If you aren't using them in competitions you can pick up a set of buckets with harness' fairly cheap, pistonheads have a sale sections for seats and straps, worth a look