ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat??

clio 182
I have a clio 182 with a scorpion exhaust, also running a ktec style induction kit! would a decat be worth it? not bothered about noise, it would be more for power gains?

I would be looking into a remap once this is done as I won't be going any further with my engine!

any help would be appreciated cheers

dan's cast offs.
mine is quieter with decat, thought it would be louder?
any performance difference will be minimal, would still do it though.

clio 182
mine is quieter with decat, thought it would be louder?
any performance difference will be minimal, would still do it though.
cheers mate! I have someone who can do my MOT for me without this being a problem so it's just a matter of time! which decat are you using?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
182 cat is supposed to be very free flowing so you won't see much if any power gain. Mine feels like I've lost a bit lower down the range but gained a bit at the top end, might just be imagining it though :)

Sounds great though.

clio 182
182 cat is supposed to be very free flowing so you won't see much if any power gain. Mine feels like I've lost a bit lower down the range but gained a bit at the top end, might just be imagining it though :)

Sounds great though.
suppose I can give it a go and if not just put it back in! I'm wondering if a remap would sort this out ?

FF Titanium 182
Got the full Scorpion RS192 system with a decat. Well worth it. Not only for the extra rasp but its defo more responsive with a decat IMO i also have a ktec style IK and the 98RON Map

clio 182
Got the full Scorpion RS192 system with a decat. Well worth it. Not only for the extra rasp but its defo more responsive with a decat IMO i also have a ktec style IK and the 98RON Map
looks like I'll be getting a decat then [emoji6]

Both of my 182s ( firstly was a trophy with a scorpion rs192, second is a cup with a ktec racing exhaust) were slower once decated.

I reffited the cat to both but cut the 'bell and cup' joint of and welded a sleeve on to maintain the diameter.

Gained 3mpg from both aswell.

Transit & Death trap
They're simple to fit and used decats are so cheap that you might as well, especially if that's as far as you'll be going with engine mods, but imo, any difference performance will just be in your mind.

Ph1
Both of my 182s ( firstly was a trophy with a scorpion rs192, second is a cup with a ktec racing exhaust) were slower once decated.

I reffited the cat to both but cut the 'bell and cup' joint of and welded a sleeve on to maintain the diameter.

Gained 3mpg from both aswell.

Fueling back to normal: probably restored it rather than gained it.

Should have got it mapped or reset the ecu when decated. Might have made a difference.