ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat pipe and EML issue

CBR1000RR Fireblade
good afternoon

i have a 2004 182 and i have a manifold back RS192 exhaust fitted. the car ran fine for nearly 300 miles with the cat removed and then the EML came on. i used a diagnostics machine to clear the code and 300 miles later this happened again.

so i ordered a lambda blanking plug and fitted it also securing the lambda sensor out of the way underneath the car. i re set the ECU again and i went out in the car this morning. all was well until 30 miles down the road the EML came back on again.

has anyone else had this problem?

what can i do to stop the EML from coming back on apart from to re fit the cat?

thanks

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Dont think there is much you can do mate, some people's come on some don't. I was lucky, mine has never came on for decat :D

However instead of tieing up the lambda underneather the car, try unplugging it all together, then wrapping up the plug. Thats what i did and i've never had a problem.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i tried that bud, the light came on again! the silly thing.

can this be mapped out?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've just been and removed the lambda plug, refit the lambda and clearedthe codes off with my diagnostics machine. I'll just drive with the light on.

Soot1e; I proper won't.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
I've just been and removed the lambda plug, refit the lambda and clearedthe codes off with my diagnostics machine. I'll just drive with the light on.

Soot1e; I proper won't.

You will probably find the EML will go out after a few decent drives of the car, think its like 5 cicles or something. You will soon get used to the light, i have serv and airbag lights on cos of steering wheel and bucket seats, annoyed the hell out of me for a day or 2. Doesn't bother me in the slightest now though.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
if it goes out then its happy days, if not then it can stay on for me. its not like i drive it everyday. it only gets used on a saturday

LY R26 #288
I bunged the lambda hole with and old lambda and put the proper lambda up behind the heat shield. EML light came on a few times, I kept clearing it and then it never came on since. That was a few weeks ago and about a thousand miles. so all is good!.

renaultsport clio172
get your self a lambda sensor simulator mate, its designed to simulate the second lambda sensor signal back to the ecu and the light stays off. have a look on ebay mate.

Megane RS 250
I've got a Bonalume KSL, it's basically a very small cat, you fit it between the decat pipe and the lamda sensor...50£.