ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Chav Progress Report (pic heavy)

Ok, so this is how the car looked when I bought it in April this year:
old1.gif
old2.gif
old4.gif
old6.gif

:dead:

And this is how its looking at the moment:
101_2272.gif
101_2274.gif
101_2275.gif
ca03.gif
101_2277.gif

:) I've had the chav skirts, spoiler & grilles removed & replaced with standard. Lexus lights removed & replaced with standard. Full Service with cam & aux belt change. Brand new Sportline Corse Turini's with Toyo TR-1 Proxes. Fancyplates all round. New k-tec stealth exhaust system. New EBC brake discs & pads all round. Standard front badge replaced with carbon'd one. New smoothed rear wiper blank. New aerial as the old one was looking a bit tired! Headlights cleaned & machine polished. Next I've got some KTR coilovers and alloy top mounts in the lounge just waiting to go on now :D

Future plans: KTR carbon splitter, New Battery, Dash Trim Re-Furb.

Very happy with it so far . . . . . C & C's welcome!

MINI FJCW
Top top job there mate! Really looks smart.

Is that the an actual number plate? Or a show plate because ive never seen one like that before!

182 FF
Definately looks a million times better mate. Will look awsome when it's lowered. What made you buy it in the first place though?

Definately looks a million times better mate. Will look awsome when it's lowered. What made you buy it in the first place though?

A moment of madness I guess. My friend talked me into test-driving it. I had never driven such a quick car before and just fell in love with the rapidness of it and the hum of the exhaust. And then I joined on here and realised that it actually looked like a piece of chav sh*te lol . . . well they say love is blind!

Top top job there mate! Really looks smart.

Is that the an actual number plate? Or a show plate because ive never seen one like that before!

They're Guernsey plates. Its legal to have black/silver or white/yellow here . . . its down to your preference!

182 FF
A moment of madness I guess. My friend talked me into test-driving it. I had never driven such a quick car before and just fell in love with the rapidness of it and the hum of the exhaust. And then I joined on here and realised that it actually looked like a piece of chav sh*te lol . . . well they say love is blind!

Haha well it looks dam good now mate so it'ss all ended up well :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks fantastic mate.

I would say you need to do something with the front number plate tho, shorten the plate or something it'sruining the front end a little with all the white at either side.

120d M Sport
Great turnaround.

What are the engine mods on this car, guessing it used to be KTEC's demo car?

Last edited:
Looks fantastic mate.

I would say you need to do something with the front number plate tho, shorten the plate or something it'sruining the front end a little with all the white at either side.

Thankyou :D Yeah the first one I ordered from fancyplates was shorter but when I removed my old plate there was 2 screwholes at each end and I didn't like that it wasn't filling the recess. I've the short one though and might see if I can get the front bumper recess shortened at a bodyshop for a cleaner look . . . when funds allow!

Great turnaround.

What are the engine mods on this car, guessing it used to be KTEC's demo car?

It wasn't believe it or not! The guy who bought this car brand new must of bought the whole k-tec shop! There was loads of k-tec receipts in the service wallet, there was also the letter from Renault to say when his brand new clio 172 would be getting delivered . . . so it definately never belonged to k-tec. As for engine mods all I see is an induction kit!

Clio 182 + Recaros
What was the previous owner thinking of, personally in its purchased guise I think it looked hideous.

Brilliant transformation, top work:)