ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

de cats

Titanium 182
i know this has probably been done to death but ... what de cats will work with a k-tec system. i only have the slide joints as it was on the car when i bought it so didnt come with the bolt type connector

thanks

Cost you three seconds a lap IIRC.

If you are suggesting that it makes a 182 slower having a decat I can categorically state that my 182 was slower with the std cat in place. I had to fit the cat a few weeks ago for my MOT and decided to leave it on as i enjoyed the silence of the car compared to when it was decatted. I got bored after 1 day. The acceleration didn't feel as sharp and the noise was just dull and boring. With the decat back in place the car sounds absolutely fantastic and it feels much quicker through the gears.

Lol sorry mate. It was a joke. Someone on here ages ago said that their 182 decat made him 3 seconds a lap slower, due to the drop in torque.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Interesting.. got a prospeed de-cat exhaust to go on mine, hoping de-cat will be a positive change!