ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat gains

Clio sport 172
Can anybody tell me if it's worth de-catting my 172, I have a magnex cat back exhaust on and was wondering what type of bhp gains I would get if any?

Megane 225 F1
Mine freed the revs up more. f**k knows if it actually gave me more power. Not bothered though. Would only be minimal. Sound + free revs > small power increase.

Clio 172 Cup
probably a couple if that, i just did it to mine and yes it runs smoother though louder you'd need a remap to get the best of it.

DTM

Clio 188 ph1 438's
I put my cat back on for it's MOT and thought someone had stuck something in the exhaust, I think it frees the revs up quite a bit.

I've recently put my cat back on and left it, having been decatted for the last 100k miles.

The engine feels blunt and muted now, not right.

It's just the noise and what you think is happening

If I can run 200+bhp through a catalytic convertor - trust me it's not restricting your engine!
There are 240+bhp turbo cars on here running ph1 cats with no problems at all

Waste of money. Decat or dont bother.

Yep - I've got a sports cat on mine (200 cell) because I run a 182 manifold and 172 exhaust so none of the standard clio cat's would fit - but the 182 cat is 200 cell near enough anyway so there's zero point in swapping a standard cat for a sports cat

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
fitted a decat to mine, felt so much more responsive and more revvy lower down and the noise is ace but i put it on the rollers the day after and i lost 2bhp top end but gained about 5 at around 3.5k i wouldn't run without one just because the noise and i like the pick up better with it on :)