ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash Relay problem.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My 172 (Ph2) seems to be developing a fault, one of the relays is clicking every so often, if I go around a left hand bend then it goes mental, if I go over a bump then the relay clicks too and will cause all the dash lights to go off for a fraction of a second.

Could be a dodgy fuse, but I've looked in fuse box and can't seem to see a fuse (barring one which seems to show a depiction the internal light) which looks like it's responsible for these and that fuse is OK anyway.

It's probably a relay going very bad or a dry joint or something, anybody know which relay is responsible for this? I can only reproduce the problem while driving too, stationary it behaves.

Cheers

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'm guessing it's the relay closest to the engine bay because I've just been out to the car and checked and it was pretty much all the way out! Pushed it back in, hopefully problem solved.

The missus will be getting a stern talking to about where she puts her feet in the future. :D