ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash explanation?

182 Cup ITB
Wonder if anyone can help. I'm looking for a map of the Clio dash so I can see what all the symbols mean. The Renault bumph gives me about 30 pages on how to tow a caravan, 5 pages on how to adjust the seats and a massive booklet on the tossy CD that has about two buttons yet no explanation at all of any useful stuff like what the warning lights mean.

Mainly I'm checking to see what the orange engine warning light on the right means (not the middle one) as it comes on occasionally and flashes annoyingly. I don't think it's much - damp somewhere I wouldn't be surprised - but it's handy to know what that and all the others mean.

172cup
not sure on an 05 dash, however orange is usually service light.

ie small problem, like airbag, pretensioners, petrol, emmisions, charging, screenwash, etc

Mental 172 Cup
screenwash! lol mine wud be on all the time if so!

that light comes on a soon as it finda any little thing wrong! iirc! :D

182 Cup ITB
Yeah, I think the light is nothing much. First time was (I think) cos I had the window open and a bit of rain fell onto the door switches!

Peperami - In that case I guess maybe the bloke I bought the car off didn't give me the right manuals? He gave me loads of stuff in the offical wallet thing but nothing in there says about dashboard lights. I've got the "Driver's Handbook" but that's only 13 pages long and doesn't mention the dash at all, and some pull-out thing with a couple of lines about the SERV light. That's it!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
This is the generic Clio owners handbook you want . There is also a supplementary 14 page handbook for the RS .

3a08_1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Renau...299|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ebayphotohosting

172cup
it's the orange engine one to the right of the speedo.

engine management light. Do a search on here as there is a myriad of reasons for that popping up.

If it only flashes and goes out again, its nothing... ignore it.

Could be emissions/co2 sensor giving false readings etc

172 with k-tec sound
hope these help mate, the pics are from the (your vheicle in breif booklet)

Attachments

• PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 47
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 52
  172 with k-tec sound
Brilliant! Thanks! :)

your welcome, im pretty sure the light is your exhaust gas warning light, lambda sensor, think u have 2 on yours they are at either side of ur exhaust before the cat they look like spark plugs, might just need the wiring cleanin n lubing up or one of them has gone, n needs replacing.

182 Cup ITB
MRBILLYUK - Excellent, really useful & much appreciated!!! :)

clio carl - I'll check that out, thanks again!