ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dart Tag & Windscreen

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Been searching and haven't found anything on here specifically for the 172 window, but does anybody on here have a dart tag on a 172 and where did they fix it to the window?

The idea place would be behind the rearview mirror, but there is not a "window" in the reflective coating, it's down the bottom of the screen. I don't really want the tag at the bottom of the screen cause I think it'll annoy me!

Anybody got one and where do you have it fixed?

Thanks.

Bumder With A Buffer
They never funking work when Ive had one! Just end up waving the thing around and eventually it works!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
They never funking work when Ive had one! Just end up waving the thing around and eventually it works!

lol. That was going to be my plan! Thinking about using a bit of double sided tape as an experiment before affixing the real tag bracket.

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah I had one in my last work van and we had it fixed in place behind the rear mirror and it worked fine...but as soon as we tried to use it in one of our cars...no chance of it working! In fact one of the guys who worked there took it off me and went right up to the barrier...still didnt work! Then he gave it back to me and it registered all of a sudden! Me thinks they need to invest in updating the system! Bloody RF b****cks!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
Works for me all the time, mine is just behind the rear view (on a Leon tho). I think it helps if you stick it down, as i tried waving it around but that did not seem to work!

Also once its stuck down, they are impossible to remove. I broke a credit card trying to get it off the windscreen!