ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Danny.:R's new .:R

SQ5
Well after the SC Clio just never been able to be fixed, a Valver that broke down on the way home and a Fiat 20v Turbo Coupe that decided to do its rings I needed something sensible(ish) that wasn't going to be unreliable and just get me around for a bit with a little style! So I set myself a £10k budget and to get finance, looked at a few options including E46 M3, but insurance was too much as was an Elise. I didn't want a Vee just yet either due to if it breaks it'll be expensive.

My friends next door neighbour who I'm quite good friends with too now is also a VW technician at the local VW garage which is very handy!

The car is brilliant, a little slower than I thought it would be, somewhere between SC Clio and Standard 172 acceleration wise and same kind of par as standard 172 after 100. Everything feels tight, its an 04 reg with only 46k, FVWSH, Alloys need a refurb and has a little scratch on the bonnet. Few other little bodywork problems I've noticed paint wise when cleaning it, but nothing bad. The sound is brilliant as a standard exhaust but today I picked up a Miltek Non Resonated system and fitted tonight. I've got a video so will get it up soon! Anywhere here are some pics, straight from the camera!

DPP_0009-1.jpg

DPP_0007-2.jpg

DPP_0004-2.jpg

DPP_0002-1.jpg

C+C Welcome

RenaultSport 172
Looks lovely mate! Apart from the colour!! As silly as it sounds I don't like silver cars!!

SQ5
WOW lot of good responses quickly! Except the two gayers ;)

Yea silver is a bit of a sleeper colour I guess! Wheels may go darker but I kind of like it looking standard.

I got it for just over £11k, and going by private sales it wasn't too bad a price really.

Miltek is weird, as good as standard on idle, loud at low revs, quiet a high revs. Not boomy in car at all which is nice! I now have exhaust sealant inside the pipes too :(

MINI FJCW
Yeah pretty good price considering its a low miler.

Whats the power delivery like? Is it smooth or is it more of a raw power?

SQ5
Yeah pretty good price considering its a low miler.

Whats the power delivery like? Is it smooth or is it more of a raw power?

Really smooth, but all torque is so low down so you don't really ever need to rev over 4500k.

I think the engine has barely been run in, it needs a good clean out so I've been giving it a little stick. DBW on it is quite good too compared to other DBW cars I've driven. It feels like cable. The clutch is very soft as it is with all VAG Quattros and is a really weird feeling going from a Clio and a paddle clutch to that!

Forgot to mention the most important thing too, its a big Manny Fagnet ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very nice mate, you've had some luck with car's lately!!!

Can't go wrong with VW in that sense really (or so we all hope)

Like it in silver, very subtle.

Thanks again for the bolts, legend :)

SQ5
Very nice mate, you've had some luck with car's lately!!!

Can't go wrong with VW in that sense really (or so we all hope)

Like it in silver, very subtle.

Thanks again for the bolts, legend :)

I think the bolt trip killed the Fiat ;) lol!

Yea I'm hoping for good luck after a past few s**t months TBH, here's hoping for it :)

Trying to get video onto computer, or anyone know of any upload from iPhone to net sites?!

Coupe/Defender V8
mate you won't get any problems with them (they're just ridiculously over priced, btw ;) )

Always run it on 99 if possible though or they get kind of disgruntled

SQ5
Don't mod it ffs!!!!

Why lol?! Not even the Miltek!?

I was thinking Miltek (fitted) Panel filter and a remap.

mate you won't get any problems with them (they're just ridiculously over priced, btw ;) )

Always run it on 99 if possible though or they get kind of disgruntled

Yea for what else you can get for around £11k its an overpriced Golf! But the way it is its a brilliant everyday car!

SQ5
The mpg is woeful yes! I managed to hit 29mpg on a trip to Nottingham yesterday! Which was impressive, it usually sits about 22 with my driving!

Nothing can go wrong with a different exhaust :p *touches wood*

I couldn't sleep last night and was nearly tempted to take it out at 330! It would of woken the village!

320d
Really like it. Its tame compared to your last two cars but its also comfy, refined, well build and sounds the tits.

Good choice.