ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
so youve just got eibachs on the front? how does that drive? cup wing will look so much better!
Yeah buddy! Really well, thought it might be a little bit out due to the varying spring rates but I took it home from work today and it was really hugging the road more when pressing on. Very happy!

What size socket do you need?

I'm not actually sure mate as it's not a specific sized socket I need to undo a bolt, it's the diameter of it I require to hold it in the vice whilst I use a smaller socket to press the old ones out if that makes sense? (I'm stupidly tired from work so that probably didn't come out how I wanted it to lol) but it's big! Bigger than the hub nut sockets I've got.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I got a few parcels through in the post :smiley: But I forgot to take a pic of the other one, but it's a spoiler!!

15732880471_a05cc11dd8_b.jpg
20141107_195942 by dann2707, on Flickr

15734804385_462ce126f0_b.jpg
20141107_201200 by dann2707, on Flickr

Had some wine to keep me going after a stupidly long day at work

15549351398_664e8f75ea_b.jpg
20141107_201217 by dann2707, on Flickr

Original airbox

15736341462_67ca931ea9_b.jpg
20141107_201229 by dann2707, on Flickr

Removed

15732867571_e23997e679_b.jpg
20141107_201658 by dann2707, on Flickr

New induction kit in

15736334482_2eea7c9be2_b.jpg
20141107_202830 by dann2707, on Flickr

15734787415_e28739f486_b.jpg
20141107_202844 by dann2707, on Flickr

I also replaced my centre exhaust hanger as that had snapped.

15114825414_19ccb83772_b.jpg
20141107_204745 by dann2707, on Flickr

Block of wood and widowmaker to lift up the exhaust and put in the new hanger

15549947450_e6186388ec_b.jpg
20141107_205900 by dann2707, on Flickr

15114808774_568f08de7b_b.jpg
20141107_210051 by dann2707, on Flickr

Lovely :smiley:

Here is a video of the induction kit

Thank you @The Fatty for the induction kit thread :smiley: legend.

And @Luke... for the spoiler / bumper

Wish I had a garage I can actually drive into even partially. Coming home to the darkness and having no will power to do anything. Bit jealous.

Say bye bye to your MPG ;) the induction noise is going to get addictive lol.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds nice mate, pics of the spoiler?

20141107_230118_zpst35nxdml.jpg

:grinning::grinning: :kissingheart::kissingheart:

Wish I had a garage I can actually drive into even partially. Coming home to the darkness and having no will power to do anything. Bit jealous.

Say bye bye to your MPG :wink: the induction noise is going to get addictive lol.

To be fair mines absolutely tiny. It's a good job i'm borderline midget size so I can get in nicely when the car is in haha

I told my girlfriend that if we were to ever move in together the first priority is a double garage. She obliged :D

I can't believe I did car stuff when I got home. Only just had my tea at 10.45 :( dedication to the car

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
p.s, If you find the filter is rubbing up against the battery quite a bit, you might want to swivel the filter so the offset is nearer the battery. You seem to have more room than me for some reason though so might not be needed.

20141107_230118_zpst35nxdml.jpg

:grinning::grinning: :kissingheart::kissingheart:

To be fair mines absolutely tiny. It's a good job i'm borderline midget size so I can get in nicely when the car is in haha

I told my girlfriend that if we were to ever move in together the first priority is a double garage. She obliged :D

I can't believe I did car stuff when I got home. Only just had my tea at 10.45 :( dedication to the car

Haha great spoiler selfie [emoji23]

I'm slender enough to get in the bay but even my garage should even be called a garage, just has a garage door and is rammed full of crap; mostly useful crap [emoji2]

I'd never dream of having tea that late, screw that. So happy to get some long overdue stuff done before the F1 tomorrow.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Today I started stripping the spoiler of its paint. Paint stripper doesn't seem to be doing much so I might have to get the heat gun on it.

15716935036_35b9cbc66f_b.jpg
20141108_115122 by dann2707, on Flickr

The spoiler is in great condition bar a few chips and a scratch however it is the wrong shade of colour as it's from a 172 so isn't arctic blue. Not a problem.

15121256193_75076b7c4a_b.jpg
20141108_114537 by dann2707, on Flickr

I then went for a drive and i'm really starting to get a bit weird about where I park in order not to get door dings :( haha Parked like this and crawled over into the passenger side to get out lol. This is it in a different location as opposed to my driveway like every other shot is haha

15120689484_de31e96e3b_b.jpg
20141108_155208 by dann2707, on Flickr

15121236783_f19da59c6c_b.jpg
20141108_155214 by dann2707, on Flickr

Thanks for reading.

OOOOOh one thing I forgot, to day I changed the wishbone bushes to new ones just because really. The old ones look standard, not much play but I thought whilst i'm refreshing the suspension parts i'll do it. No pics though as it was chucking it down whilst I was doing it.

Heres the vid of induction kit driving.

I think what he's saying is you don't need to put paint stripper on everything you want to repaint. A key with sandpaper would suffice.

I must say I enjoyed reading through your thread. You appear to have a good 'can do' attitude.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
15121236783_f19da59c6c_b.jpg

Defensive parking at its finest! I do that too lol although I dont tuck the mirrors in.

Defensive parking at its finest! I do that too lol although I dont tuck the mirrors in.
I think after the condition they were in before they couldn't get any worse but now he's sprayed them up they're now how little babies [emoji23] .

To the spoiler comments you can either sand it to create a key for the paint remover, but then you'd need a plastic primer as the normal primer would react the plastic(I think), or paint as normal primer/base coat/lacquer

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Haha thanks for the comments guys :)

I think what he's saying is you don't need to put paint stripper on everything you want to repaint. A key with sandpaper would suffice.

I must say I enjoyed reading through your thread. You appear to have a good 'can do' attitude.

Thanks mate. Yeah I know what you mean, I just hate the thought of giving my car to the garage for them to do all of these tasks when I like learning about the car doing it myself. It's such a good hobby. Friends think i'm mad spending so much on it but it's like any hobby if you enjoy it you'll invest time and dollar.

I think after the condition they were in before they couldn't get any worse but now he's sprayed them up they're now how little babies [emoji23] .

To the spoiler comments you can either sand it to create a key for the paint remover, but then you'd need a plastic primer as the normal primer would react the plastic(I think), or paint as normal primer/base coat/lacquer

Haha so true about the mirror caps! Didn't want to admit it but you got me :p

I was thinking of doing that but I know i'd have to sand every little bit and i've done it before in the past where I haven't got it all and the primer has reacted so didn't fully adhere to the spoiler. Also it's got a few stonechips in it right through to the plastic/whateverit'smadeoutof so i'd have to really go to town with the primer/skim of filler I'd rather just start again!

Thanks again for the comments :D More stuff to come through the week.

Really tempted to order some Uniroyals rainsport 3's tonight.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Really pissed off with myself, i've sprayed my spoiler but half removed the paint and half not so it's got loads of ripples in it 😧 and for some reason the lacquer decided to run like f**k so there are loads of blobs all over. I'm hoping I can flat them back and polish them but I really doubt it. I don't think i've sprayed it enough either, there is a lip where it meets the car which I think is going to show. Basically a f**king write off and i've wasted quite a lot of money if so with all the cans of paint.

Tempted to just f**k it off completely and go V6 :/

Really pissed off with myself, i've sprayed my spoiler but half removed the paint and half not so it's got loads of ripples in it 😧 and for some reason the lacquer decided to run like f**k so there are loads of blobs all over. I'm hoping I can flat them back and polish them but I really doubt it. I don't think i've sprayed it enough either, there is a lip where it meets the car which I think is going to show. Basically a f**king write off and i've wasted quite a lot of money if so with all the cans of paint.

Tempted to just f**k it off completely and go V6 :/
S**t mate that aint good, what so theres a few runs in the lacquer? ive sanded them down and polished them up before, but its very time consuming and i have never managed to get it perfect. On the other hand, if you do sell it im more than happy to buy it back off you cheap with bad paint ;)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah exactly that mate. Really annoyed with myself as I never normally let stuff get like that and I can't see me putting it on the car like this even if I do get it fairly acceptable.

Really wish I'd have just keyed it and painted it but I genuinely thought the paint stripper would have removed all of the paint quite easily.

I've bought a new brake light for it and everything

CLIO 182
Sounds interesting! I'd love one me! Thought the trophy ones were smart enough! Didn't know the V6's fit!

Was short and sweet haha! We need to organise a proper arrive and drive one, like snakes pass!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh was it? Yeah i'd be up for that definitely. Especially with the new tyres coming this week i'd actually have confidence in corners. My current mismatched budgets aren't too confidence inspiring ;) haha

RB Clio 182
Let it fully harden mate, use some 400 grit and get the ripples and runs out and start again, i know its a pain, im in the middle of doing my interior plastics and i keep f**king up 😧

Its hard not to try and rush to get thigs sorted, but you cant rush painting/prepping its impossible without f**king it up.

RB Clio 182
Get the rough paper out and start again mate, you will sort it.

What are all the scratch things?

Did you use a hair dryer to dry it? If you get to close and get it too hot it causes bubbling.