ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DanGill's Arctic Blue 182

Arctic Blue 182
So the time has come to start a project thread for my very recently purchased Arctic Blue 182.

Sold my Corsa VXR about 2 months ago looking to get something cheaper to buy and run while i try to get on the housing market. Read up alot on the 182 and it seemed like the perfect car to go for, managed to pick up a cheap runaround from a friend (Alfa Romeo 156 estate for £300) while i waited for the car i wanted to come along, and when it did i just had to buy it.

I Traveled from South Wales to Newcastle to pick her up on the weekend after seeing it for sale on the forum by Sam, aka Benfield5697
Sam was very helpful throughout the whole sale and im sure will be sad to see the car go.

Made the 7 hour journey back home without any faults or problems, Car was perfect all the way home.

Spec as it stands:

2005 Arctic Blue 182
Both Cup Packs
Recaro Trendline's
Janspeed silenced exhaust system
FSH

As it stands im very happy with the car and the condition it is in. Purchased the 3M headlight restoration kit as the lights could do with a buff up, and will be looking to get a 3/4 front plate ASAP.
Apart from that future mods will probably include a set of turini wheels and lowering springs, and probably a few more after a couple of weeks browsing the forum!

Thanks for being so welcoming to the forum and was good to meet a few of you on the Brecon run on Sunday which turned out to be a great way to get a feel of what the car can do!

Anyway heres a few photos of her. There will be plenty more to come after shes had a good clean and when a few of the easy jobs get done, so i will update the thread as we go along.

Hope you enjoy.
IMG_7420.jpg

IMG_7421.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

IMG_7422.jpg

IMG_7427.jpg

IMG_7429.jpg

IMG_7431.jpg

IMG_7424.jpg

IMG_7434.jpg

IMG_7435.jpg

IMG_7436.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

IMG_7371.jpg

Saw the advert - looks & sounds like a brilliant example. Just shows what patience & a willingness to travel can get you.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Was nice meeting you Dan! Car looked lovely and it's definitely a good one. Enjoy it and I will hopefully see you up the Mountain soon.

Arctic Blue 182
Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like it im chuffed with it soo far. Looking for excuses to go out and drive it now lol. Lawro is was nice to meet you and im sure we will be back up there very soon! Just took a look at your project thread too, didnt realise how much had actually been done to the car! looks much better in person tho, perfect in my eyes.

Renaultsport Clio182
Was a pleasure to meet you Dan!

The Clio has really gone to a good home, and looks great in your photos , miss her already :(

shall hope to remain on the forum and give any advice to anyone wishing to buy a 350Z!

enjoy the old girl!

Arctic Blue 182
Was a pleasure to meet you Dan!

The Clio has really gone to a good home, and looks great in your photos , miss her already :(

shall hope to remain on the forum and give any advice to anyone wishing to buy a 350Z!

enjoy the old girl!

Thanks mate, shes had a wash and wax and iv put it in the garage for few days until we get some decent dry weather.
Have you had the 350 yet?

Renaultsport Clio182
Fair one !

And not yet mate no, waiting for DVLA to send information regarding a transfer of the private license plate back to an original one!

Hopefully will have it by this weekend so shall upload some photos :)

Clio 197, Fiesta ZS
Car looked stunning on Sunday mate! Also just realised I nearly took a trip to have a look at your VXR before I bought the 197 - very recognisable drive haha!

Arctic Blue 182
Fair one !

And not yet mate no, waiting for DVLA to send information regarding a transfer of the private license plate back to an original one!

Hopefully will have it by this weekend so shall upload some photos :)

Good man cant wait to see it, will keep an eye out for some photos, hope you enjoy it tho mate!

How do the find the 182 compared to the VXR?

Lovely looking example!

Overall package of the 182 i feel is much better tbh, easily feels just as quick but its so much tighter in the bends and gives you much more confidence to drive it on the limits where as the corsa was great in a straight line, lots of torque but when it came to a few corners u had to back off as it would just understeer. I do miss the noise of the remus exhaust, theres videos of mine on youtube if you search corsa vxr remus exhaust

Lovely looking example - makes me wish I'd gone for it when I saw it in the classifieds

Must say it was deffo the best one i had seen for sale!

Car looked stunning on Sunday mate! Also just realised I nearly took a trip to have a look at your VXR before I bought the 197 - very recognisable drive haha!

Thanks mate

Should have come to see the vxr! How do u find the 197? Yeah the drive does give it away a little!

6ege5udu.jpg

RenaultSport 182FF
My cars registration partner..... and your not a million miles away from me either, nice buy mate looks Phresh!
(You will notice your car on my thread somewhere)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
My cars registration partner..... and your not a million miles away from me either, nice buy mate looks Phresh!

Thats where I reconise the reg from! When I met Dan last weekend the registration seemed really familiar and I have been racking my brains all week trying to think where I recognised it from lol!

Arctic Blue 182

Whats your reg mate? I tried to look for a pic of yours and thread but cant find anything?

Arctic Blue 182
Mine is BN05XER, both of them were registered in Renault Wolverhampton 'B' being the area of Birmingham.
Mine still has its original dealership plates on though ;)
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?664863-Project-69-Clio-182FF

Went to have a quick look at your project thread mate and ended up spending ages reading the whole thing! Lol. Must say your car is immaculate and looks even better now with the turinis on, deffo the route i want to go down with this one, looks perfect with you! And yeah i did catch a glimpse of my car on there haha great find!

Arctic Blue 182
What springs you going for mate? I highly recommend cooksports.

Havnt really made my mind up yet to be honest, a lot of people have mentioned cooksports and i have had a look at eibach springs also, dont want to go for a massive drop. Where do people tend to buy the cooksports from?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Havnt really made my mind up yet to be honest, a lot of people have mentioned cooksports and i have had a look at eibach springs also, dont want to go for a massive drop. Where do people tend to buy the cooksports from?

Direct from them mate. They have they're own website.

This is mine on them

hazumequ.jpg

Arctic Blue 182
Had a look at the cooksport ones and they seem to be pretty much what i want without going too low or spending too much, so will probs get them ordered within the next few weeks.

The 3/4 plate and other few bits and bobs have turned up so that will give something to do this week! Cant wait to get the lights done as the top half are pretty bad

pyzuqy9a.jpg

Arctic Blue 182
That number plate seems very familiar!
must've been either you or the previous owner I thumbed up a month ago or so in cardiff.

Very nice car though :D

Only had the car a few weeks mate but could well have been previous owner, even though he lived in newcastle i know he had been down to cardiff a good few times in it.

RenaultSport 182FF
That number plate seems very familiar!
must've been either you or the previous owner I thumbed up a month ago or so in cardiff.

Very nice car though :D

Are you being serious?

Do you think it might have been 'familiar' from when you followed my car the majority of the way to CSS and back?
Bearing in mind you were on my thread before I actually met you, I did tell you I worked in Cardiff most of the time :rasp:

I think it's your mind playing tricks ;)

Are you being serious?

Do you think it might have been 'familiar' from when you followed my car the majority of the way to CSS and back?
Bearing in mind you were on my thread before I actually met you, I did tell you I worked in Cardiff most of the time :rasp:

I think it's your mind playing tricks ;)

hahahaha! I have f**king terrible memory. ahhhhhhhhh good times, good timesss

RenaultSport 182FF
hahahaha! I have f**king terrible memory. ahhhhhhhhh good times, good timesss

Dear god Jazz!!

Good times..... I hope your not referring to CSS ;) Despite all that happened, the camping was good after :D

Would be great to see the two cars together Dan, should plan a shoot in the future! The Brecon's maybe?

Arctic Blue 182
Dear god Jazz!!

Good times..... I hope your not referring to CSS ;) Despite all that happened, the camping was good after :D

Would be great to see the two cars together Dan, should plan a shoot in the future! The Brecon's maybe?

Yeah sounds good mate, a trip up to brecon and il bring the camera will have to organise it soon! How come you didnt come to the meet the other week?

lovely looking car! nice to see another tidy clio in wales;) haha!

Haha thanks mate

Arctic Blue 182
Just a small update

Managed to get round to doing the first small couple of jobs nothing major yet. The headlights were bugging me although they wernt as bad as some, 3M kit was very good and would recommend to anyone considering doing it, Few pics below

Before:

IMG_7507.jpg

IMG_7504.jpg

IMG_7505.jpg

IMG_7509.jpg

After:

IMG_7526.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7527.jpg

IMG_7530.jpg

Very Pleased with how they turned out, look a million times better!

Also swapped the sidelights over for some nice crisp white ones and got the 3/4 plate on :)

And a quick cheeky black and white pic while doing the lights

IMG_7496.jpg

IMG_7498.jpg

Hopefully more additions and updates to come after pay day