ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan @ 519 automotive whereabouts??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Cup Turbo, Flamer
Does anybody know where dan is? I've tried all last week and now today, each time not rining and going straight to voicemail. Left messages even tried Facebook.

just getting a bit concerned as he's had my car a while now too

Any help appreciated!

GW 197 cup
I was trying to get hold of him all last week as well to get some work done but his phone just went straight to voicemail, he commented on one of my posts on renault uk fb page though so he is still about somewhere.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
This is the only negative thing about 519 - contacting him is sometimes a nightmare!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah keep trying as he's still going, definitely stick to trying his mobile though, doubt he even bothers with the FB messages.

Mec 350 slk manual
The best time is around 10.30 when he get to work or 4.30 in the afternoon that's when I manage to get hold of him

Megane RB8 & 182
I've been trying to get hold of him to get my driveshaft changed too, I have tried every day for the past 3 weeks but nothing! Great guy but impossible to contact!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I get the feeling if people had this much trouble contacting ktec people wouldn't be so charitable!

Ive not used 519 and am not likely to due to distance but stuff like this really annoys me as a customer and would certainly put me off.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I'm still trying...no luck yet...

Is anyone going there this weekend or over the next few days who could let me know how my car is getting on?! lol!

Last edited:
  Cup Turbo, Flamer
I've just left Dan another voicemail, if any member going there soon can just ask him to give me a 5 minute call. I've just realised my tax and mot expire in August, so need an idea when I can get my car, as I wont be able to drive it home otherwise

Lionel Richie
I get the feeling if people had this much trouble contacting ktec people wouldn't be so charitable!

Ive not used 519 and am not likely to due to distance but stuff like this really annoys me as a customer and would certainly put me off.

Its impossible (and dangerous) to be answering the phone when working on cars, i'm the same as Dan - horrible to get hold of, normally people call me at 10pm when i'm half pissed!!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Understand that totally mate, but a 5 minute call for an update at the end of the day isn't asking for the world, especially when I've been trying for a month lol

Its impossible (and dangerous) to be answering the phone when working on cars, i'm the same as Dan - horrible to get hold of, normally people call me at 10pm when i'm half pissed!!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Understand that totally mate, but a 5 minute call for an update at the end of the day isn't asking for the world, especially when I've been trying for a month lol

If he's had your car for a month and you've had no contact then fair enough. But I've worked in a similar environment with customers wanting constant updates and unfortunately there are just not enough hours in the day to provide the always available phone service that a lot of people tend to like.

S4 Avant
I've heard he has an unhealthy obsession with haribo and energy drinks.

Dans not out to rip anyone off, he's just incredibly busy.

MINI FJCW
When I had my Clio & my brother had his 182, he was absolutely fantastic for us. Knows his stuff & done a great job on my brothers 192 exhaust when his original fell off.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I know he's good, and he isn't out to rip anyone off, he's very clued up too!

Just need a tad more info, as tax and not are now an issue

Clio 172
  GW 197 cup
dan looked after me and saved me a lot of money on my non sport, hes a top bloke, and i will probably go back to him at some point when for some bits on the new car, just a shame hes so difficult to get hold of, with that being said when we were fitting a few bits last year sometime we gave him a call for some help and he answered straight away and talked us through a few things so i guess you just have to catch him at the right time.

IIRC Dan likes PM's send him many, many many PMs.

As for knocking Dan/his work, never had a problem with anything he has done. He once mapped my car with 24hours notice before I went to the 'ring. Says it all about him really!

182cup & 172 racecar
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I've heard he has an unhealthy obsession with haribo and energy drinks.

Dans not out to rip anyone off, he's just incredibly busy.

When I got my 200 serviced, I had a packet of Harribo. I offered Dan 'One'.

Took a handful and left me basically none! Cheeky bugger.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Thought I'd bump this one up....

Anyone seen/heard anything??

I got some pictures of progress 2 weeks ago, said my clutch was busted (pics showed it was) paid out and got a new one sent to him. Now nothing.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can make sure he's open when I just go up to collect??! I don't want to hire a trailor etc to be welcomed with a locked up garage!

Status
Not open for further replies.