ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dampers need replacing?? help needed.

clio 172 cup
when it is wet or slightly damp, when go to put my foot down in 1st and sometimes 2nd the car seems to jump about and sounds like its knocking from front, instead of wheels just spinning up.
any ideas??

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Mine does it a bit, think its just like axle tramp but on the front wheels/wheel. Its just the wheel losing and gaining grip repeatedly and as a result in causes a slight bounce i think. Something like that anyway i think. Wouldn't have thought it was the dampers, but it might help a little if they are a bit fucked!!!

Peddled device
Had this on both my 182 and 172 Cup which were less than 11k at the time....it's normal l was told and both cars went through MOT's so no worries.

clio 172 cup
i defo think there is something wrong as it nocks quite bad aswell, think its started to get a bit worse.
is it normal or what might need replacing?

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Sounds more like engine mounts to me.
Most front drivers suffer from wheel hop to some degree but the thumping you can feel is usually 250+kg of engine and gearbox banging back & forth on the mounts, not adviseable long term if you want your mounts to stay in one piece!!

ur megane r26
i only ever get it in 1st upon a wheelspin, more so recently aswell, but never had it in second, so definately maybe your mounts either knackered or on the way out