ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

daily insurance

BG 182 FF
Can anyone help me please, my insurance runs out on my 1.2 on the 22nd but need to drop it of and pick up the 182 for the garage on the 23rd if its ready. So i need insurance for a day, i am only 20 but flux told me to try insurance daily but you have to be 21.
Anyone know of any companies that will insure me for the day?
many thanks
nick

Do you know anyone that's fully comp and can drive other cars third party? I think it's a bit of a long shot at that age matey.

BG 182 FF
that was my orginal though m8, but I asked my old man and he made a good point, he can drive the car tpft but the car has to be insured which mine wont be on the 23rd.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Tow it?

Drive down a day earlier?

Take out a new insurance policy then use the 14 day right to cancel?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Do you know anyone that's fully comp and can drive other cars third party? I think it's a bit of a long shot at that age matey.

that was my orginal though m8, but I asked my old man and he made a good point, he can drive the car tpft but the car has to be insured which mine wont be on the 23rd.

Correct, for some one to drive it, it still needs to be insured.

Can you not insure the 1.2 with the company you plan to insure the 182 with , then swap the cars round?

Or take the 1.2 to the dealers a few days earlier to save the hassle?

Or as the dealers to pick the 1.2 up with their trade plates.

BG 182 FF
I asked the company about insuring me on me 1.2 then swap to the 182 but they just said no lol which is confusing if they dont trust me with a 1.2 but with a 182 lol,
Cheers for the idea of the trade plates and 14 right to cancel I didn't even know I could do that :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If doing the 14 day thing, obviosuly read the terms and conditions.

You have the right to cancel your policy during a period of 14 days after the day of purchase of the contract or the day on which you receive your policy documentation, whichever is later. If you wish to do so and the insurance cover has not yet started, you will be entitled to a full refund of the premium paid. Alternatively, if you wish to do so and if the insurance cover has already started, you will be entitled to a refund of the premium paid, subject to a deduction for the time for which you have been covered calculated as a proportion of the time for which the insurance would have provided cover and an administration fee of £52.50 (including Insurance Premium Tax at the appropriate rate) to cover any costs incurred by us in issuing the policy.

For Aviva (Norich Union)

Clio 172 Cup
I just phoned my insurance company up on the dealers phone and changed my policy over to the new car.

Took 15 mins.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Would it not be cheaper to drive it down the day before and sleep in a B+B? Or as mentioned, ask the dealers to swap them at your house instead.