ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DAB Radios (do they work)

Girlfriend is looking to buy me a DAB car stereo for xmas. She has been looking at a Goodmans GCE7007DAB

According to the website dab radios dont work with some renaults

Does it work with the clio?

Is this unit any good?

Looking to spend £250-300 but must work with standard changer and steering wheel controls - (would be nice if it worked with the desplay)

Or is the DAB worth it - would i be better with a spending the money on another type.?

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

DAB should work in any car, as long as you have the necessary digital aerials and whatever. But for that type of money you should be lookin at the Blaupunkt DAB 53. Its got a recording function aswell and a SMC slot with 128mb card!! You can get that prob for less than £350 but its a very good quality unit. Only problem is some ppl dont like the look of it, but i think they are well nice!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Do NOT but the goodmans unit.

its the audio equivalent of poo, better off with the blaupunkt units or a jvc unit

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

and u wont get a new headunit to work with the standard cd changer u get in a clio

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

its a digital signal rather than an analog one, like digital tv if u watch that then put analog on it just looks sh*t compared to digital, DAB is good as you can acces loads more stations or just search for a certain type of music, but it does have its floors, not every where in uk will pick it up, or cant pick up all the channels, and the recievers vary loads on quality.

Has anyone had a dual DAB/FM aeriel fitted in place of the standard mk1 Clio roof whip... or anyone know of a company that can do this?

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 14 November 2003

Do NOT but the goodmans unit.

its the audio equivalent of poo, better off with the blaupunkt units or a jvc unit
I agree, buy something slightly more respectable