ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D5n's Clio Trophy 044/500

d5n

RB 182 FF
Thought I'd start a new thread for my new addition. After 11 months of owning my Corsa VXR I've bought my self another Clio 182 as I missed my old Racing Blue Clio 182 Cup.

It needs a little tlc as the interior plastics are worn and have scratches. Wheels need refurbing, Sach's suspension need refurbing.
Has a few mods which I have receipts for.
Modifactions are:
K-Tec grooved and drilled brakes front and rear,
K-Tec braided lines on the front,
K-Tec panel filter,
K-Tec/Janspeed cat-back unsilenced.

Started by giving the car a good wash and fitted my silvertec bulbs from my Corsa. Also found my old wipers from my RB 182 Cup.
null_zps51fb5482.jpg

null_zps9428f4c5.jpg

null_zps0f521b4b.jpg

null_zpsdf9d71b0.jpg

null_zpsf5a74efd.jpg

null_zps6841c8a3.jpg

null_zps71cd43f0.jpg

null_zps963f7afc.jpg

Ordered some Trophy decals for the bonnet and boot which you can see above. Also ordered some carbon fibre bits for the inside to replace the worn items.
null_zps9c121197.jpg

null_zpscaa0f584.jpg

null_zps85e81166.jpg

null_zpsea51596f.jpg

null_zps5f06d483.jpg

null_zps81b5bb35.jpg

Got a Skoda Fabia splitter coming this week and a new heater control surround.
Will update once these have arrived.

d5n

RB 182 FF
Looks great, what's next?

Thanks.
Current plans are:
Eibach Sportlines.
K-Tec induction kit.
Renaultsport mats.
Decat pipe.
Half leather rear seats and door cards.
Carbon fibre front and rear diamonds, side bullets, washer blanks, exhaust trim, fog light surrounds and front splitter.
Carbon fibre door pulls and door handles.
Refurb the Turini's and fit fresh rubber all round.
Refurb and fit the Sachs suspension as currently on 182 cup suspension and trophy springs.

d5n

RB 182 FF
Steering wheel looks pretty good. .

Cheers it needs a refurb as has started melting.

Little update my new heater control unit has arrived along with my new side skirt decals and front splitter. A few pics of them fitted apart from the splitter which I'll fit tomorrow when hopefully my new set off numberplates arrive.
Heater controls new and old:
null_zpsa9cd8988.jpg

New anthracite Trophy decals to match the wheels plus the old ones where peeling:
null_zpsc1e6df0f.jpg

null_zps5fdc99ac.jpg

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Nice touch with the side decals :)

How did you get on with changing the heater panel controls? Mine needs doing, got spare, spend 5 min trying and gave up lol. Got all loose but couldn't get out of the dash or unclip the connections on back.

How did you get on with changing the heater panel controls? Mine needs doing, got spare, spend 5 min trying and gave up lol. Got all loose but couldn't get out of the dash or unclip the connections on back.

Ha that was going to be my question too, mine isn't anywhere near that but would be interesting to know how easy it is to swap.

d5n

RB 182 FF
Looks really nice that!

Cheers mate.

Ha that was going to be my question too, mine isn't anywhere near that but would be interesting to know how easy it is to swap.

I spent about 2 hours changing the heater controls, just took my time and undid what was needed. I've forgot how i actually did it lol.

d5n

RB 182 FF
Gave the Trophy a good clean after my recent trip to Wales. Also fitted some new number plates.

IMG_3947_zpsfcc02039.jpg

344_zps5d0b817a.jpg

351_zpsfcd617f1.jpg

341_zpsc1f36fa2.jpg

349_zpseb4a1c09.jpg

362_zps6582d487.jpg

364_zps5f8e4335.jpg

361_zpsd39edd7b.jpg

365_zps4bf67450.jpg

d5n

RB 182 FF
Not much has happened to the Trophy over the past month or two other than detailing it. Ive given the brake calipers a lick of paint and fitted a decat pipe.
Pics:

F003926A-1739-4CEF-923F-09298E9496AB_zpsxex0mkwc.jpg

E25B8932-6C95-4C25-B421-3B12FB3E9A3B_zpsz7nixj1v.jpg

D3F1BD61-898C-421D-B53B-5DD522E47D3C_zpswks2o2e5.jpg

D3F1BD61-898C-421D-B53B-5DD522E47D3C_zpswks2o2e5.jpg

52BFEB9F-ED9E-4BF5-B883-899C0B6A3BF6_zps4jdaqodm.jpg

Off to DynoDaze on Sunday to see what power it's running.

d5n

RB 182 FF
Put the car on the rollers at the end of November. Made 172 bhp and 154 ft/lb torque which I'm pleased with as I was expecting around 160-165bhp as oil and plugs need changing. The chaps at Dynodaze also spotted a tiny oil leak coming from the cam cover seal.
Video
http://youtu.be/tK6sxlShEYM

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Really nice! Where did you get the French flag things from for the front? I like them. I wonder if they would suit a BG.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good dude

All I'll say tho is fitting some decent tyres needs to be at the top of your list! No point having a car like the trophy then driving on miss matched tyres and brands like "landsail" and "kaiser"

d5n

RB 182 FF
Really nice! Where did you get the French flag things from for the front? I like them. I wonder if they would suit a BG.

Cheers. The French flag is insulation tape.

Looking good dude

All I'll say tho is fitting some decent tyres needs to be at the top of your list! No point having a car like the trophy then driving on miss matched tyres and brands like "landsail" and "kaiser"

Cheers.
Yeah the tyres where on it when I bought it. They will be replaced with Michelin's or V12's when I get the wheels refurbed.