ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

d2s bulb problem

clio 172 sport
hi please help!!!:mad: im trying to get my passenger side bulb out, i have taken the rubber cover off, unplugged and twisted off the block from the bulb, how the hell does the actual bulb come out?? is there a clip etc that i cant see??????

PH2 RS172
from what i remember the ballast unit twists and pulls out and comes apart from a locating ring. you need to twist and pull the ring off aswell then the bulb just pulls out

Theres metal clips either side, push inwards slightly then away from the bulb and the clips are free.

394_zps604c81d3.jpg

clio 172 sport
thank you sooooo much!! twisted it off like you said!:clap: needed a bit more brute force than i expected! now waiting for the arrival of my new bulbs.

PH2 RS172
no woz dude. i managed to get mine out in about 30 secs but i didnt pay much attention to how i did it... just pulled and twisted. it took bloody ages to get it back in lol ;-)

Last edited:
CAREFUL you don't snap the mounts inside that the internal unit pivots on (for adjusting the beam)... I did by using too much force taking the locking ring off... new headlight coming up.

clio 172 sport
ok, i deff dont want that to happen, thanks, i wont be so forceful this time, now about to fit the new super white bulbs!:D

clio 172 sport
whats the easiest way of changing the driver side bulb?????? there are loads of pipes in the way of mine!!!

clio 172 sport
right oh, this will have to wait till next weekend. is it a pain in the arse to do or is it quite a simple job? how long roughly?

PH2 RS172
quite easy. bolts in the bottom of the bumper... pop the hood and undo the clips in the grille... then in the wheelarch there are a few bolts but one particular arsey bolt that goes straight up where the bumper joins the wing... that was corroded on mine and was a complete pain bit when it was out the bumper slides off no trouble. undo ya fogs and washer jets... job done.